• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

tdude

Reaction score
I can live with paying €25 because ties reach me the day after shipping, but if you are concerned about shipping costs that much, maybe you could ask if he would be willing to ship through postal service?

No problemo
tounge.gif
With the lighter lining and this kind of silk the tie feels pretty much like a Marinella, but with more evidence of hand stitching, and I'd say the interlining has superior drape.
thanks. I ordered 5 ties to get the free shipping. If I work at the knot enough, I can get a decent FIH, but I too found the lining very thick. I'll ask for a lighter lining on my next order.

inviscid

Reaction score

I can live with paying €25 because ties reach me the day after shipping, but if you are concerned about shipping costs that much, maybe you could ask if he would be willing to ship through postal service?

i've been ordering in 5+ batches to get the free shipping, but dropping $500 on an order of ties isn't exactly an easy purchase. i've also been getting burned with customs - only about $25 on my first order, but $50 on my most recent. i'm a little hesitant to have anything shipped by regular post from italy; lost a package a while back.

anyway, i placed an order for the sky blue grenadine with murder ave. will report back once it gets here. the shop owner mentioned that he had some prints/repps/cashmere ties stocked as well, but no pictures yet. he also mentioned that he had something in the works for his first customers that bears with him while he sets up his shop, but didn't provide details

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks. I ordered 5 ties to get the free shipping. If I work at the knot enough, I can get a decent FIH, but I too found the lining very thick. I'll ask for a lighter lining on my next order.

The lighter lining is still very "springy", so it just makes a slightly smaller knot but other than that it feels very much like the thicker one. In either case I've found it helps creating a great looking knot that stays in place, instead of detracting from it.

inviscid

Reaction score
forgot that this thread existed. murderavenue sent out a newsletter regarding a couple coupons. i think they were supposed to be for previous customers, but since i won't be taking advantage here are my codes:

All-

Until the end of May, please use coupon code U3VG5ZW to purchase the sky-blue grenadine tie for $100 including overnight shipping. I know that some of you have already purchased the sky-blue grenadine, so I will extend the offer to also include the brown grenadine. The coupon code for the brown grenadine is WHNYSJV. No one has purchased both the brown and sky blue, so there should be something for everyone.

These ties will be part of the "essentials" collection at launch and will not be discounted during sales, so please take advantage!

There are only a couple of these ties remaining, and the promotion will expire early if inventory of those ties are out.

We will also be donating $10 per every tie sold that is not part of the tie-of-the-month or that did not use the above coupons to the One Fund Boston fund. http://onefundboston.org/

The events that occurred during the Boston Marathon hit close to home as Boston had been my home up until about six months ago.

Thanks
Murder Ave Ties

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could someone kindly tell me what the silk is like on Cappelli's striped ties? Is it the ribbed, heavier silk that one would expect in a club tie/school tie? Or is it smooth twill silk like their neats? Because I own a Marinella striped tie that is smooth like a neat, and I really hate it -- I don't want to make the same mistake with Cappelli.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a couple, and they're all ribbed. Don't know if that means anything though. Cappelli has a pretty big inventory, so it's probably best to clarify with them.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I thought I'd ask here first just in case there'd be a language barrier describing ribbed silk over email to Cappelli.

inviscid

Reaction score
I've never had trouble dealing with Patrizio. His English isn't perfect, but it's more than enough to understand.
If it's still a concern, I think murder ave ties has a regimental stripe in stock. Maybe you can direct your question there

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Could someone kindly tell me what the silk is like on Cappelli's striped ties? Is it the ribbed, heavier silk that one would expect in a club tie/school tie? Or is it smooth twill silk like their neats? Because I own a Marinella striped tie that is smooth like a neat, and I really hate it -- I don't want to make the same mistake with Cappelli.

Thanks in advance.

I think the term you are looking for is a repp silk, which is what most regimental/school ties are made from. Thicker and ribbed like you described. Spoilered below, as these are just both mine I had on hand to illustrate

Repp (or sometimes spelt reppe)

Printed silk twill (or neat). Much thinner and softer, drapier fabric.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads