1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by davesmith, Feb 21, 2012.

1. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

My personal preference is a 3-fold unlined with handrolled edges.

If you don't like the "see-through" effect that happens when you get an untipped grenadine then it works just as well to have it silk tipped, NOT self-tipped (in the same fabric) as I think it just becomes too bulky.

2. P-K-L

P-K-L Senior member

From my recent visit to Cappelli...

Big choice as always:
    [​IMG]

My picks:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    3 people like this.
  3. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Personally I like a meaty knot, so I prefer the five fold self tipped versions.

4. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior member

I went with the three fold lined as a trial. Will order more if the tie is satisfactory.

I love ordering things. It's like christmas :embar:

5. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior member

Does anyone have any experience with his cashmere ties? He recommends unlined, but I have a feel that I prefer a bulkier knot than the average man.

6. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

He uses a quite heavy lining by default on his 3-folds, which has an amazing drape and makes a perfect knot, with the right amount of bulk. I can see why he recommends unlined on meatier ties.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  7. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior member

Just recieved my tie. Impressed with all aspects of his business, aside from maybe his photos of the material. Will certainly order again.:slayer:

8. P-K-L

P-K-L Senior member

Go and visit the shop :)

My ties arrived already - sorry for the bad phone pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. tdude

tdude Senior member

I can't visit the shop, but Patrizio is great to work with via email. He took several photos of fabrics for me that aren't online, and he sent me other photos of ones that are online under other lighting. Tracking says they'll arrive tomorrow!

10. IJReilly

IJReilly Senior member

I find that the 3-fold lined grenadine has a thick and sturdy knot. Suitable for thick flannel jackets. For spring and summer I might request five fold unlined.

11. giaour

giaour Active Member

I didn't see mention of this anywhere else, so please note that the "buy five for free shipping" deal does not apply to Outlet ties. I asked about it at checkout since I didn't see any discount applied to my order, and Patrizio was kind enough (too kind, really!) to refund my shipping but add a new disclaimer to his site noting that the deal only applies to custom ties. I guess I'm the only cheapskate to have bought 5 Outlet ties at once!

12. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

Been to Cappelli today. The store was quite easy to find thanks to Unbelragazzo's directions (even though Rubinacci is no longer at Via Filagieri and the Spada store is now a different brand I don't remember (Borrelli or Cucinelli?). Patrizio is a really nice guy. Unfortunately, I'm a very shy person, and my spoken English is pretty bad, so I didn't talk to him as much as I would have liked; and I didn't feel comfortable snapping any pictures, besides one of the courtyard where the store is located.
    I settled on two madders, two challis and two pocket squares. Might get one or two more ties if I have enough money left before I leave!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  13. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself over there!! It is like an Aladdin's cave for the sartorial gent.

1 person likes this.
  14. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

I'll be back tomorrow or saturday. Finally spent less than I thought on my trip! :p

15. giaour

giaour Active Member

Just a heads up to fellow Canadians planning on making an order: I got hit with a $120 tax/duty bill (on $350 worth of ties...). I thought it was an error but I checked the cbsa calculator and I guess we just have ridiculous tariffs on apparel. :censored:

Well, yet another reason to plan a trip to Naples...

16. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

Geez, I couldn't help it - got two more challis ties. That's six ties and two pocket squares. Some people from here make bigger orders, but they're probably not as poor as me. I'm crazy.

Patrizio was extremely friendly once again, which makes spending so much money a pleasure [​IMG]

17. tchoy

tchoy Senior member

I have a few three fold lined cashmere which worked out great. just feel unlined cashmere ties would loose it's shape rather quickly.

18. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

I was expecting them around next week, but here they are... all wool challis, minus the one to the left on the second row, which is madder.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. tdude

tdude Senior member

awesome, I have the one on the right second row, and I have a madder that looks like that one, but there were several in that pattern, so not sure. great stuff

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  20. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

great items