• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man! My ties shipped already and should reach me tomorrow. So happy I'm finally gonna have at least a few more ties to play with!

Great service - for a custom order like this, even if it's just 2 custom ties, I was expecting it would take longer. I'm pleasantly surprised
smile.gif

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lovely ties Eustace. I have 5 on the way right now from the webstore. Bought them saturday, and already shipped. That in itself is pretty impressive...
Pics of two of the ones I bought ( pictures are from ebay, where someone is selling the same ones - Cappelli´s photos aren't really anything to write home about):]

Patrizio is really amazing.

When he sends over new fabric photographs sometimes they are absolutely lovely, but I'm not sure if the images are from the mills themselves:

steffenbp11

Reaction score
I already posted this pic in the recent purchases, but the ties are so lovely, they deserve as much exposure as possible:) As mentioned earlier, I ordered saturday, and they were here in Denmark tuesday. I wrote Patrizio to thank him and express my satisfaction, and here literally answered within minutes. All 5 are outlet ties, but the brown stripe is unlined, which is nice of course, but not a big deal for me..

Last edited:

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Very nice, steffen.

PC really needs to do a better job photographing the ties for his website - they're far nicer irl.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

When he sends over new fabric photographs sometimes they are absolutely lovely, but I'm not sure if the images are from the mills themselves:

I'm pretty sure that's from a scanner he has at the bottom of his workshop. He has an office space down there with a scanner and computer.

steffenbp11

Reaction score
An overhaul of his webstore would surely boost his sales, but maybe he isn't really interested.. Better pictures and at least a mention of the ties' colours would be a good start. Then again, that might mean less choices and higher prices for those of us brave enough to go by the current photographs...

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

An overhaul of his webstore would surely boost his sales, but maybe he isn't really interested.. Better pictures and at least a mention of the ties' colours would be a good start. Then again, that might mean less choices and higher prices for those of us brave enough to go by the current photographs...

+1

rrosals

Reaction score
Are they unlined 3 fold?

I already posted this pic in the recent purchases, but the ties are so lovely, they deserve as much exposure as possible:) As mentioned earlier, I ordered saturday, and they were here in Denmark tuesday. I wrote Patrizio to thank him and express my satisfaction, and here literally answered within minutes. All 5 are outlet ties, but the brown stripe is unlined, which is nice of course, but not a big deal for me..

rrosals

Reaction score
Thank you. I order some standard 3 fold but would like a smaller knot so will ask for the lighter lining next time.

Rrosals, 4 of them are 3-fold with a light lining. The 5th is unlined. The standard for the outlet ties is 3-fold with lining.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about ordering also the Bordeaux knit. How's the quality?
Well, I can only compare to other crappy knits I have owned, but the Cappelli seems pretty good - the silk has a crunchy texture, a beautiful weave, and ties a nice FIH knot without effort.

Pretty happy with my other purchases too, though next time I will ask for lighter lining - I had no idea their standard lining was so bulky. It's not of bad quality - quite the opposite, but I prefer something softer, like what E. Marinella uses.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads