• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E-cigarettes?

Nuckabean

Reaction score
My friend smoked e cigs for a while, they totally kept him away from real tobacco. His problem was that he ran out of refills and was too lazy to buy more

juliette2000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
You're the only chick I'd quit smoking for. I have no trouble getting ladies as a smoker. Both real and fake (the cigarettes, not the ladies).

Are they smokers, too? I could see girls who smoke, wanting to date a smoker. (Not that you don't have more compelling attributes!).

My mom quit smoking after many decades of pretty much being a chain smoker. Never thought I'd see the day. She's measurably increased her lung function.

I've had a cigarette here and there over the years, but I was fortunate enough to never get hooked.

I actually prefer a good cigar.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by juliette2000
Are they smokers, too? I could see girls who smoke, wanting to date a smoker. (Not that you don't have more compelling attributes!).

My mom quit smoking after many decades of pretty much being a chain smoker. Never thought I'd see the day. She's measurably increased her lung function.

I've had a cigarette here and there over the years, but I was fortunate enough to never get hooked.

I actually prefer a good cigar.

Oh I'm big into cigars as well. Although after smoking cigarettes it's hard for me not to instinctually inhale.

But no, of all the girls I've ever dated or fucked, none of them have been smokers. Maybe the chicks that dig me are just weirdos though, I wouldn't deny that.

briannamur5681

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nuckabean
My friend smoked e cigs for a while, they totally kept him away from real tobacco. His problem was that he ran out of refills and was too lazy to buy more

It's available in most drugstores, he should be able to get some. I gave my father a set for Father's Day. Well, he didn't like the feel of it, says it's far from the real thing. I told him to buy flavored filters since he's smoking menthol cigarettes.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to bump this thread... I've successfully quit smoking using this method. I have a cig every now and then, but it's a rare occurance. I had one in the last month.

My favorite personal vaporizer (PV) is the Boge LEO so far.

Also, the eGo is a great device. I recommend it if you're just starting out. Easy to get replacement atomizers (they're called 510) and tons of options for mods (units that power the 510 atomizers with many different capabilities).

Favorite juice: Boge (YNDK)'s RedBull (renamed EnergyCow for obvious purposes). You can buy it from cignot.com.

I'm just about to get into mods... some offer variable voltage (adjusts taste/throat hit) and most a better vaping experience.

If you smoke, you should totally change to e-cigs. I've had many smoker friends whom I've introduced e-cigs to. They don't smoke anymore. Cheers.

For those who have tried, but it doesn't work for them, you just need a better PV and high strength juice. Don't expect the crappy stuff you get from drug stores to work (blu, etc).

Last edited:

Odd Morsel

Reaction score
Just rejoined forum to check classifieds and stumbled upon this. Vaping is really about to blow up. Numerous shops here in the OC... already blown up in other countries like the Philippines. I'm not as learned as some of the vets at ECF, but if anyone has any Qs, I can help. It's not nearly as unhealthy as cigs, and it's like a portable hookah for those of you that are into that (I never was). You can purchase 0 nicotine juices. I started at 6ml nicotine since I smoked Camel menthol silvers, and it's fine. It's fun trying all these different juices. They range from fruity menthols to maple syrup waffle mixes to pina coladas to just about anything you can think of.

Joyetechs are fine starter options, but if you want to spend a little more (most of the members here can...), I recommend going straight to a good variable voltage option like a ProVari (since its readily available) or a good, affordable mod like an Atmizoo. I'm vaping on a ProVari Mini and Precise Plus and hoping to score a Chi-You very soon.

It's a whole new world, and I'm officially hooked. It's fun to buy new mods and try new juices. Being a new subculture, the peeps at the stores are extremely friendly and chill.

I've been smoke-free for a month (after smoking for 20+ years), and it's great. My taste buds are back, and the bad breath and stink are history. I hope everyone who wants to quit smoking will give it a shot :) Post here or message me if you want advice on a vaporizer, juices or anything e-cig related.

Varmant

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I smoked for over 30 years. One pack per day and inhaled all the way down. A year ago I started using the EGO-C.
I do have an occasional 'real' cigarette but only to remind me of the filthy habit that was killing my lungs. The EGO-C is a bit fiddly and takes some getting used to but I am extremely pleased with it. I did purchase some larger (and longer) 1200mA batteries that each, give me all day satisfaction. I am using Marlboro 16mg juice exclusively and it tastes like sweet nectar compared to a real cig. Atomisers must be chenged about every 2 weeks or so with my usage but at $2 each, it is a pittance. One 50ml bottle of juice lasts me 3 weeks and at $6 per bottle, it is dirt cheap. With a clean atomizer and a charged battery, I experience rich thick vapour and a pleasing throat hit as well as a most satisfying lung fill. I highly recommend the EGO-C.
If interested, I would recommend viewing video reviews on YouTube. I have been on my EGO-C for almost a year and am sticking with this model.

Last edited:

Odd Morsel

Reaction score

How do they even compare to regular ciggies? Are they healthier?

Most definitely. For anyone interested, there is a good sticky guide titled "The Wonderful World of Vaping" here. Specialty stores (i.e. not smoke shops, but dedicated e-cig shops) have been popping up monthly (or more?) here in the OC, and I anticipate this culture experiencing a huge boom in 2013. What I'm saying is if you have some capital, open up a b&m store in your area now :)

We love happy, shiny things at this forum! I'm sadly at the point where I'm spending more than I did on cigarettes, but if the health benefits outweigh the cost, then screw it. A friend of mine did it right... he purchased an affordable $40 e-cig and spends $10 on juice every week or two. Much cheaper than cigs in the long run, and more enjoyable. He was a pack-a-day guy before e-cigs. He quit cigs a month ago and had a cig the other day and felt physically sick. You just have to find the right set-up for you (the right juice, cartomizer vs. rebuildable atomizer vs. clearomizer, etc... greek, I know. Hit me up, and I can help out).

No cancer, no stink. Saving money. This is one of those good alternatives to quitting a bad vice. Forreal... this culture is about to BLOW UP.

Come swing by my forum at Cali Vapers for more info (non-CA residents welcome). If you're in the SoCal, I'll be happy to cruise with you to one our many shops to show you the ropes. F smoking :D

Here are my 2 set-ups:

It's awesome that a number of members here have joined the e-cig movement! Being in the hotbed for exclusive juices (SoCal), I'd be happy to make recommendations... fruity, menthol, tobacco, savory. I'm constantly making the trips to shops and sampling.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads