• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

DTO Challenge

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'Duplicate The Other' Challenge
To DTO someone is to replicate their outfit and that's all you have to do here. Your subject can be an SF member or a celebrity - entirely up to you. A tie is preferred but not obligatory. In any case, it should fit within the classic menswear side of things.

Challenge details: Submissions must be posted by midnight AEST Saturday 7th April 2018. All submissions are to have been worn in 2018. The poll will go up directly on Saturday evening GMT and close on Monday 2nd April 2018. For the summary post, I will use only one picture per entrant along with the photo that inspired their entry. Your first offering will be your entry.
Have fun!

For inspiration, take a look at these past threads:
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/friday-challenge-20140502-dto-an-sf-bro.388358/
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/friday-challenge-10th-of-july-dto-claghorn.503448/
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/friday-waywrn-challenge-best-celebridto-who-did-it-best-vote.227813/
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/waywrn-challenge-best-dto-who-did-it-best-vote.205715/

Last edited:

in stitches

Kung Joo
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Oh baby!

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a historical note, "DTO" was originally a reference to @DTO, who was accused of copying @GuidoWongolini (Phat Guido at the time) around 2009/2010.

Here's a DTO post from May 2010 about it:

Fellow SFers,
Since the clone incident happened, i never have a chance to give a real apologies for copying 2 of PG's jackets; those are for inspirations of my first attempt, but mock.
Humble apologies of causing such a steer and not saying Sorry right away; such incidents will not happen again.
Let the past be the past and hope peace will descend upon this forvm.

Last edited:

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WAYWRN Part II from around mid-February 2010 through March 2010. There are a number of posts from DTO.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a historical note, "DTO" was originally a reference to @DTO, who was accused of copying @GuidoWongolini (Phat Guido at the time) around 2009/2010.

Here's a DTO post from May 2010 about it:
That doesn't tell the whole story. It wasn't just DTO dressing like Guido. DTO got PG to tell him which tailor he'd used then went to the same tailor as PG and had EXACTLY the same thing made twice. PG got offended and that's why the furore started. Everyone was chiming in :)

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep. It was amazing. Copying whole outfits down to the tailor.

in stitches

Kung Joo
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Re: DTO & PG.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, amirite?

Re: AAS

Awesome

EFV

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ooooh yeah!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.