• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Does Tom Ford do Customized Clothing?

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but does Tom Ford Do customized clothing? The reason that I ask is because I bought a famous basketball players sport coat that was custom made for him and tag on the inside says his name and has the Tom Ford Italics and "<>" such as this: <xxxxx xxxxx>

Any input would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

-C

mrbig

Reaction score
As far as I know, TF does MTM at all the outlets that carry clothing as official stockists. Makes sense if the customer's name is on the tag and its an MTM piece. That said, as TF is all about getting what you want while keeping the TF look, its possible that its an OTR garment with the name added on later. To be hideously uncouth; I bet it was Kobe Bryant's sportscoat

CMD.EXE

Reaction score
Yes, tom ford will personally measure you (watch him particulary close when hes measuring your inseam), and sew the suit up himself. Tom ford makes every suit personally with all those skills he has....

hermes man

Reaction score
no idea but i heard he is introducing his own womenswear line

cant wait for it must be very vogue

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CMD.EXE
Yes, tom ford will personally measure you (watch him particulary close when hes measuring your inseam), and sew the suit up himself. Tom ford makes every suit personally with all those skills he has....

From Wikipedia:

Ford left Santa Fe at age 17, when he moved to New York City to study art history at New York University.[7][8]

Remarkably, Ford dropped out of NYU after only a year, preferring to concentrate on acting in television commercials; at one time, he was in twelve national advertising campaigns simultaneously.[4][7][9] Ford then began studying interior architecture at The New School's famous art and design college, Parsons The New School for Design.[10] During his time in New York, Ford became a fixture at the legendary nightclub Studio 54, where he realized he was gay. The club's disco-era glamor would be a major influence on his later designs.[13][14] Before his last year at New School, Ford spent a year and a half in Paris, where he worked as an intern in ChloÃ
's press office.[15][16] Though his work primarily involved sending clothes out on photo shoots, it triggered his love of fashion.[16][17] He spent his final year at The New School studying fashion, but nonetheless graduated with a degree in architecture.[16][17]
I doubt that he even knows how to use a thimble properly.

negusnegas

Reaction score
What size suit is Shawn Marion? Must be pretty damn big with some seriously long sleeves since he is 6'8&quot; and weighs 230lbs.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.