• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does Tom Ford do Customized Clothing?

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but does Tom Ford Do customized clothing? The reason that I ask is because I bought a famous basketball players sport coat that was custom made for him and tag on the inside says his name and has the Tom Ford Italics and "<>" such as this: <xxxxx xxxxx>

Any input would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

-C

mrbig

Reaction score
As far as I know, TF does MTM at all the outlets that carry clothing as official stockists. Makes sense if the customer's name is on the tag and its an MTM piece. That said, as TF is all about getting what you want while keeping the TF look, its possible that its an OTR garment with the name added on later. To be hideously uncouth; I bet it was Kobe Bryant's sportscoat
devil.gif

CMD.EXE

Reaction score
Yes, tom ford will personally measure you (watch him particulary close when hes measuring your inseam), and sew the suit up himself. Tom ford makes every suit personally with all those skills he has....

hermes man

Reaction score
no idea but i heard he is introducing his own womenswear line

cant wait for it must be very vogue

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CMD.EXE
Yes, tom ford will personally measure you (watch him particulary close when hes measuring your inseam), and sew the suit up himself. Tom ford makes every suit personally with all those skills he has....

From Wikipedia:

Ford left Santa Fe at age 17, when he moved to New York City to study art history at New York University.[7][8]

Remarkably, Ford dropped out of NYU after only a year, preferring to concentrate on acting in television commercials; at one time, he was in twelve national advertising campaigns simultaneously.[4][7][9] Ford then began studying interior architecture at The New School's famous art and design college, Parsons The New School for Design.[10] During his time in New York, Ford became a fixture at the legendary nightclub Studio 54, where he realized he was gay. The club's disco-era glamor would be a major influence on his later designs.[13][14] Before his last year at New School, Ford spent a year and a half in Paris, where he worked as an intern in ChloÃ
00a9.png
's press office.[15][16] Though his work primarily involved sending clothes out on photo shoots, it triggered his love of fashion.[16][17] He spent his final year at The New School studying fashion, but nonetheless graduated with a degree in architecture.[16][17]
I doubt that he even knows how to use a thimble properly.

negusnegas

Reaction score
What size suit is Shawn Marion? Must be pretty damn big with some seriously long sleeves since he is 6'8&quot; and weighs 230lbs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads