• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does age matter?

CaesarSTL

Reaction score
Does age matter... somewhat yes, but it's not the primary issue at hand here and as others in the thread obviously support there is "forum belief" that it doesn't (more later). I do most certainly agree with the consensus that women are bad to shop with; however, it's hard to get around (and rude) the person buying the suit for you coming along. Also as an aside, I generally find my life to be less of a hassle and more enjoyable if I at least consider the opinion of the person I like to ******** with as well, so while not good for picking things out, since so many do seem so caught up on what is trendy (really big pain ********** here in Paris), girls' opinions can matter if she really does hate an outfit of yours.

Now to the main issue, can it look young, or is it always old? No, it's not always old, it's just a suit and the pattern is worn all different ways, and it's how you wear it that makes all the difference. It def isn't as safe or easy as a narrow fitting solid, and in my opinion so far you really don't seem to have the confidence/fit in the rest of your wardrobe/own sense of style to pull it off. Again, just my opinion (def could be wrong...) from your tone and the provided information, as I'm trying to help and I don't view "just wear what you like," while true in theory, to always be the best advice, especially when social lives come into play. Now, should you buy one? Sure, you can but be sure of how you're going to wear it first, and if you already have something in mind show it to your girlfriend as what you just happen to be wearing when you tried it on at the store may not be a very good example. I've seen them look great and very young, I've also seen guys look like douchebags who are trying too hard and don't have a clue.

Finally, what are your other suits? Any more details on said suits? Where do you wear them/is this suit mainly just for work? Also, I've never been to Rochester,NY, but location matters a lot... not everyone on the forum lives in NY, SF, London, Paris, LA, etc., but a lot of the advice is directed that way (example being the two previously posted pics, at 20 years old, dressing like in those pics could have some really different reactions ranging from people thinking you're super trendy...or...super gay...depending upon where you are and the circles you frequent (are these opinions the most important? no, as others have stated your opinion is, but they do mean something if they make your life hell because you don't pull it off) . Ok, need to stop typing/ranting for now, and maybe drinking too...but hey, it's the weekend
smile.gif
Hope something useful came out of this longwinded soap box. Will check back.

Jared,

Jared,

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CaesarSTL
Does age matter... somewhat yes, but it's not the primary issue at hand here and as others in the thread obviously support there is "forum belief" that it doesn't (more later). I do most certainly agree with the consensus that women are bad to shop with; however, it's hard to get around (and rude) the person buying the suit for you coming along. Also as an aside, I generally find my life to be less of a hassle and more enjoyable if I at least consider the opinion of the person I like to ******** with as well, so while not good for picking things out, since so many do seem so caught up on what is trendy (really big pain ********** here in Paris), girls' opinions can matter if she really does hate an outfit of yours.

Now to the main issue, can it look young, or is it always old? No, it's not always old, it's just a suit and the pattern is worn all different ways, and it's how you wear it that makes all the difference. It def isn't as safe or easy as a narrow fitting solid, and in my opinion so far you really don't seem to have the confidence/fit in the rest of your wardrobe/own sense of style to pull it off. Again, just my opinion (def could be wrong...) from your tone and the provided information, as I'm trying to help and I don't view "just wear what you like," while true in theory, to always be the best advice, especially when social lives come into play. Now, should you buy one? Sure, you can but be sure of how you're going to wear it first, and if you already have something in mind show it to your girlfriend as what you just happen to be wearing when you tried it on at the store may not be a very good example. I've seen them look great and very young, I've also seen guys look like douchebags who are trying too hard and don't have a clue.

Finally, what are your other suits? Any more details on said suits? Where do you wear them/is this suit mainly just for work? Also, I've never been to Rochester,NY, but location matters a lot... not everyone on the forum lives in NY, SF, London, Paris, LA, etc., but a lot of the advice is directed that way (example being the two previously posted pics, at 20 years old, dressing like in those pics could have some really different reactions ranging from people thinking you're super trendy...or...super gay...depending upon where you are and the circles you frequent (are these opinions the most important? no, as others have stated your opinion is, but they do mean something if they make your life hell because you don't pull it off) . Ok, need to stop typing/ranting for now, and maybe drinking too...but hey, it's the weekend
smile.gif
Hope something useful came out of this longwinded soap box. Will check back.

Jared,

Jared,

tl/dr

EZ

ktrp

Reaction score
I imagine now that OP is 6 years older, these problems have resolved themselves.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ktrp
I imagine now that OP is 6 years older, these problems have resolved themselves.

laugh.gif
Well sheeeeyuuuut... Never even looked at the dates, which is what I get for being drunk all day. Good job performing a resurrection, mates!

EZ

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads