• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you hate your job?

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock
I hate the work I do, but I don't hate the people or the place. Does that make sense?

Sure.

I too hate the kind of job I am doing now. It is not that it is a bad job to do, the job is OK, but I was promised a better and more interesting position and I had to move from Geneva to Zurich for it.

Going through all the hassle of moving from one end to the other or the country, on a place where another language is spoken and a different culture.

At the end, I like it, I like better Zurich, my personal life is going well, I am doing things I wanted to do before and now I have them available, I have good colleages, we have a good working environment, and sports activities together ( we play football ( soccer ) twice a week) I had a 20% salary rise....

everything is good, but the job I was offered didn't really exist and now I am doing a boring job.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this week my company had a sales meeting (familis invited) in naples florida at a resort on the beach. we had meetings for 4 hours in the morning, after a good breakfast, then broke for golf and other activities - I went out on a fishing charter one day and on a sailboat the other, my wife had a massage and hung out in the morning on the beach and at the pool. every night at a good resteraunt and then at a bar drinking umbrella drinks until about 1 am. all expenses covered.

can't beat this job, couldn't be happier.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like a couple other posts, I also wanted to be a professor. I'm about to start my second year and I am just glad that I'm in a Masters program as opposed to a PhD. Academia can seem like a nice, relaxed, enlightened lifestyle, but it is often further from the truth. You can't get away from your work... ever. There's this constant nagging feeling that I should be doing work even in my few hours of free time. *shiver*

The academic lifestyle does suit other very well. I guess it would just depend on your personality. Just be careful. Alot of people get stuck in grad school and never find their way out.

That being said, no, I don't enjoy being a perpetual student.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics