• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do iPods piss you off?

Style-Claudi

Reaction score
And what kind of Mp3-Player do you use???
fight[1].gif
http://www.myspace.com/518650303 Besuch meine MySpace-Seite ^^ http://www.wohnen-im-alter.de Besuch die Seite vom Alex[/size]

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
iPods piss me off. Portable mp3 players don't. If I have to "sync" it with something, It's bullshit IMO.

Hehlol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gorthaur Melwasul
I had a Ipod once a time.
When ITunes fucked up all my music library, i get rid of it.

So you got rid of the player, which wasn't the problem...

centrix

Reaction score
i love mine, keeps me entertained when theres nothing exciting to see

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
I think the OP is bitching about mp3 player use in public more than iPod-specific whining, but FWIW, as a non-audiophile, I'm pretty happy with the MP3 player on my Nokia XpressMusic phone. It could be a little louder, but the audio quality is good. I have an 8 gig card in it, so it has the same capacity as both my iPhone and my Nano had. I hated the iPhone and traded it with my best friend for a Nano, which is pretty much retired now.
Haha, that's the same phone I have. Don't you find it annoying that the headphone jack is that weird smaller size, <1/8"? Or is that not the case on your model across the sea?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hehlol
So you got rid of the player, which wasn't the problem...

iTunes = iPod. You can't have an iPod w/o iTunes. THAT is the problem.

Funny how Microsoft tries to bundle IE into Windows, and the whole world goes apeshit...but no one has any probs with Apple requiring that abysmal crap program iTunes to use the iPod.

Then again, these are Apple tardboys we are talking about.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn

Funny how Microsoft tries to bundle IE into Windows, and the whole world goes apeshit...but no one has any probs with Apple requiring that abysmal crap program iTunes to use the iPod.

yeah- and damn HP for making me use their printer drivers.

There are plenty of i tunes alternatives that you can use. I personally have no issue with itunes so I dont care.

Any mp3 player has to be synced, plugging it in and dropping files to it is no different than syncing through itunes.

As to the OP: I would much rather sit there and meditate on my morning walk/drive/subway (or plane/train ride)to work via music then sitting there having an inane coversation with some random stranger. Call it what you will,

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Haha, that's the same phone I have.

Don't you find it annoying that the headphone jack is that weird smaller size, <1/8"? Or is that not the case on your model across the sea?

mine has the standard headphone jack thankfully....I use my Sennheisers with it, not those crappy Nokia ones.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgold47
yeah- and damn HP for making me use their printer drivers.

There are plenty of i tunes alternatives that you can use. I personally have no issue with itunes so I dont care.

Um, hardware drivers are not the same thing at all. More like the goofy, bloated HP printer software that comes bundled with those drivers. But...HP allows you to disable that software after you install the drivers, or, lets you opt out of installing it in the first place, adding only drivers to your system.

Completely different.

And what are some alternatives to iTunes? The only one I know of that will work with an iPod is Rhapsody in Linux, and I've heard it doesn't work that well...at all.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Um, hardware drivers are not the same thing at all. More like the goofy, bloated HP printer software that comes bundled with those drivers. But...HP allows you to disable that software after you install the drivers, or, lets you opt out of installing it in the first place, adding only drivers to your system.

Completely different.

And what are some alternatives to iTunes? The only one I know of that will work with an iPod is Rhapsody in Linux, and I've heard it doesn't work that well...at all.

http://crenk.com/list-of-the-best-fr...-alternatives/

I cant remember the one I used once. It worked really well to pull some songs off a buddys ipod without registering it on itunes.

Plenty of programs/devices require you to use thier software to interact with their devices. Itunes isnt a bad program at all, and once the music is on the device, you never have to see it again.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd rather people listen to music than bother me.

Hehlol

Reaction score

Actually, you don't have to use iTunes. For Mac there's Senuti. And for all OS, here's a link to at least 10 options.

http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/07/08...ing-your-ipod/

A) As we can see, it's very possible to use an iPod without using iTunes, hence my comment, "so you got rid of the player that wasn't the problem..."

B) With a simple search of Google for "iTunes alternatives" (yes, just 2 words) I got 10 options in the first link.

So, at the end of it all, we can see that you can in fact have an iPod and manage the files on it without iTunes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads