• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do i need to lose weight or gain muscle

bimmernate

Reaction score
You need to start eating everything in sight, while lifting weights.

Edit: when I say everything, I do not mean **** food like mcdonalds.

jaXm

Reaction score
Getting toned starts in kitchen, and it should've started like, 6 months ago. There's no quick fix for getting toned. It takes the right foods, in the right portions, at the right times, with a steady workout program.

The two best things in health and nutrition that have come into my life are CrossFit and the Paleo diet. High intensity workouts combined with clean food = the body you want. Give it time, and be committed. Read about both.

Bradford01

Reaction score
During the program of building muscle mass, you should engage in physical activity like 30 minutes of brisk walking, jogging, or even sprinting. These are excellent exercises for getting your metabolism going and building your muscles in a stronger and faster way.

surfnbank

Reaction score
If you want something for at home the p90x does actually work but it is difficult. Otherwise try lifiting with high reps to maintain body composition and doing some cardio.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is such a typical dead end thread in this dead end sub-forum. Every post here is the same pathetic cry for help with the same terrible responses.

Jack2000

Reaction score
Get Mark Rippetoe's book starting strength or read this wiki: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi..._Strength_Wiki Do big lifts with free weights gradually adding weight, eat clean food, look like a man eventually. (just realized someone mentioned crossfit above this post so here is the +1) (http://crossfit.com/) --they are a little intense, but you will be looking great and eating right if you do the programs. They are all into zone and paleo diets which are basically the same thing everyone else here is saying-- don't eat processed crap. This is a good site to find out what foods are healthy and what kind of benefits they actually have: http://whfoods.com/

huzai90

Reaction score
post above me is the way to go ...coming from some1 who has been lifting on and off for 2 years

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Serious, you ******** around with bodybuilder fantasy workouts like everyone does, or you can just eat like a ******* horse and do 5x5 or Starting Strength. If someone pushed me into that about 3 years ago I'd look like a greek ******* god by now.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
Serious, you ******** around with bodybuilder fantasy workouts like everyone does, or you can just eat like a ******* horse and do 5x5 or Starting Strength. If someone pushed me into that about 3 years ago I'd look like a greek ******* god by now.

Exactly!

**** all the bullshit, I take in 400-500g of protein a day, 300-400g of carbs and 75g of fat every day. I'm maintaining BF at 7-8%, and I'm doing another show this coming April.

Coming from a personal trainer and competetive bodybuilder, if you want to grow, you have to eat and you HAVE TO TRAIN LIKE AN ANIMAL. You have to push past your 'mental failure' and reach your true physical failure.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
Exactly!

**** all the bullshit, I take in 400-500g of protein a day, 300-400g of carbs and 75g of fat every day. I'm maintaining BF at 7-8%, and I'm doing another show this coming April.

Coming from a personal trainer and competetive bodybuilder, if you want to grow, you have to eat and you HAVE TO TRAIN LIKE AN ANIMAL. You have to push past your 'mental failure' and reach your true physical failure.

YEAH BRO

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1251071203166.jpg

lefty

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hangdog
My mom wears a size 8, maybe she could sell you some of her shoes.

Guys like you are clowns. Post some pics and then we'll see who's cracking jokes.

Everybody talks smack behind an internet screen.

and FYI wings+horns boots run 1.5 sizes big...you wouldn't know that though would you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads