• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do i need to lose weight or gain muscle

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why should you stay away from a protein shake (whey protein)? I think it's a great way to get extra protein without consuming fat or high calories. It's going to be extremely difficult to get enough protein while keeping your calories and fat down. Many builders consume their weight in grams of protein a day.

Flax seed is good for getting omega 3 ***** acids. If you need fiber in your diet just eat whole grains and veggies. You'll have to eat quite a lot of flax in order to get enough fiber, which can turn out to be very expensive.

Also, raw cow's milk is illegal to sell in the USA, so good luck with that. You can buy raw goat's milk though. It can taste funny and is expensive. Whole Food's sells it.

There's no reason to eat a crap load of food in order to get in shape. You'll think you're gaining muscle, when you're really gaining fat.

In reply to OP... bottom line: listen to what people have to say, read all you can, then decide for yourself what the best plan is.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You people are so brainwashed. The answer to everything is not more protein. There comes a point when they are just expensive calories and going by what "teh awesomez" bodybuilders do is just silly IMO.

EdenResident

Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Why should you stay away from a protein shake (whey protein)? I think it's a great way to get extra protein without consuming fat or high calories. It's going to be extremely difficult to get enough protein while keeping your calories and fat down. Many builders consume their weight in grams of protein a day.

Flax seed is good for getting omega 3 ***** acids. If you need fiber in your diet just eat whole grains and veggies. You'll have to eat quite a lot of flax in order to get enough fiber, which can turn out to be very expensive.

Also, raw cow's milk is illegal to sell in the USA, so good luck with that. You can buy raw goat's milk though. It can taste funny and is expensive. Whole Food's sells it.

There's no reason to eat a crap load of food in order to get in shape. You'll think you're gaining muscle, when you're really gaining fat.

In reply to OP... bottom line: listen to what people have to say, read all you can, then decide for yourself what the best plan is.

Whey protein is the worst kind of protein a man can eat. Over-processed food is the worst kind of food you can put in your mouth. No chance I can change your mind in just one post though so I'll leave it up to you to do research on your own. You can get big solely on natural, whole food, which is a lot better than the over-processed crap you can buy off the shelf that's ridden with nasty preservatives and whatever else. When it comes to body building, natural is always better. Free weight exercises are better than machine exercises. Natural food is better than processed food.

Read that "The Truth About Six Pack Abs" document if you can get it. It's incredibly informative. It has a whole section dedicated to food and diet.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EdenResident
Whey protein is the worst kind of protein a man can eat. Over-processed food is the worst kind of food you can put in your mouth. No chance I can change your mind in just one post though so I'll leave it up to you to do research on your own. You can get big solely on natural, whole food, which is a lot better than the over-processed crap you can buy off the shelf that's ridden with nasty preservatives and whatever else. When it comes to body building, natural is always better. Free weight exercises are better than machine exercises. Natural food is better than processed food.

Read that "The Truth About Six Pack Abs" document if you can get it. It's incredibly informative. It has a whole section dedicated to food and diet.

No... it's the... same kind of protein you can eat.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer to get my protein from eggs, steak, and canned salmon most of the time, but when I don't have the luxury of time, whey protein does alright.

turbozed

Reaction score

lol this is a ridiculous post. disagree with everything except the last two sentences of the first paragraph.

makushin

Reaction score

Absolutely stay away from protein shake (whey supplement). The ONLY time when a shake can be consumed is immediately after workout when you need protein right away.

This is terrible advice. You don't know WTF you're talking about. Shakes are also great in the morning and evening. The idea is to keep the body from ever going catabolic.

Nexus6

Reaction score
Eat salads, and swim at least 5 days a week.
Swimming is the best alternative to lifting weights.
Best part is...you won't pull any muscles swimming.
Get some Tennis in 3 days a week too if you can.

unexpected

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nexus6

seriously? Tennis is worthless for building muscle.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
prob ok for losing weight though.

enjoiii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nexus6

Don't listen to this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads