• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MTM shirt in London with personalised pattern or Bespoke

Cokunat

Reaction score
Hi. I am looking for suggestions on where I could get a shirt that could fit my physique, as I can find no solution.

I workout, and my trapezius muscles have grown enough to cover ~65% of my neck (my neck is medium length to begin with, not very long). As a result, shirts sit very high up on my traps, and when they are buttoned up with a tie, the collar is at the same level as my chin. Looks terrible, like I am drowning, so I usually avoid ties if I can. What I need is a collar that falls down my traps, not one that sits on top of them.

I imagine that the above might be hard to visualise, but the point I am trying to make is that I likely need a highly personalised pattern/design. Shortening the length of the collar isn't enough. Unless I am wrong, most MTM options don't seem to offer personalised patterns. What's more challenging, is that the measuring would likely have to be done by the actual cutter, as I doubt a sales representative could do so? If so, but I hope I am wrong, then the cutter or someone with similar understanding would need to be at the store to take my measurements.

I wonder therefore whether anyone could suggest shirtmakers capable of delivering such level of customisation on the MTM side? If this turns out to be impossible then I am open to bespoke too.

My budget is as follows:

• Ideal budget per shirt - lower bound: <£150
  • Ideal budget per shirt - upper bound: £200
  • Maximum budget per shirt: £350
  • Maximum total budget if seller requires minimum number to be bought (e.g. 3) - £600

Thank you!

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you done a search yet? Plenty of threads on custom shirts in London (no personal experience)

Cokunat

Reaction score
Have you done a search yet? Plenty of threads on custom shirts in London (no personal experience)

Thanks, I did look through previous posts/threads, but unless I missed it, I did not see anyone specifically discussing the level of customisation possible with MTM shirtmakers. On the bespoke side, I looked through the shirtmakers in London after a user provided a fairly exhaustive list, however majority seem to be charging above £300 with minimum order of 3 shirts or more e.g. Harvey & Hudson £325/4xShirts, and Oliver Brown £325/4xShirts.

I guess one last option is to visit Jermyn Street myself and inquire shop by shop. However I have also been told of places doing bespoke shirts for half the price in less trodden spots, only issue is that I only have limited reviews in regards to the final outcome.

EDIT: Many thanks for the 2016 thread, I limited my search to the most recent ones, I should have looked farther. Thank you!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads