• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discussions about the fashion industry thread

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sort of depends on how much the stores spent on premiums. While I don’t know for sure, I’m guessing BG and other high end retailers have better coverage to cover the losses over some of the smaller stores being hit.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It sort of depends on how much the stores spent on premiums. While I don’t know for sure, I’m guessing BG and other high end retailers have better coverage to cover the losses over some of the smaller stores being hit.

I think most people aren't worried about massive corporations, but the effects on small businesses and especially small businesses owned by people from marginalized communities.

My family was caught up in the LA riots and our store got robbed. I can't remember if we had insurance, but the experience had a huge effect on our family.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, NM is going through chapter 11, so I assume this will make BG's situation a bit more complicated...

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughter discovered Depop through a friend and, as far as I can tell, has now sold most of her clothes -- without any shipping or handling fees. And she's making custom, hand-illustrated shipping labels so the cheerleader in Texas will get an extra kick from that Brandy Melville hoody. It's cute but the economics aren't looking great.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
My daughter discovered Depop through a friend and, as far as I can tell, has now sold most of her clothes -- without any shipping or handling fees. And she's making custom, hand-illustrated shipping labels so the cheerleader in Texas will get an extra kick from that Brandy Melville hoody. It's cute but the economics aren't looking great.

Brandy Melville is like the hottest brand right now no one on styleforum heard of unless they're in your situation....

jalebi

Reaction score

Some choice quotes:

At Richard James, online sales are double what they are normally, says Dixon, but that does not nearly make up for the shortfall in in-store sales, and some staff have had to be furloughed.

Even before the virus outbreak, tailoring looked in trouble. Since 2016, suit sales in the UK have dropped by more than 24 per cent to £397m. According to Anusha Couttigane, Kantar’s principal analyst in EMEA fashion, the decline in suit sales started in the 2008-09 recession, and has been compounded by the growing casualisation of the workplace.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
decline in suit sales started in the 2008-09 recession, I was always under the impression it blip up right after financial crisis, then steadily coming down again a bit later

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The photo app?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads