• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Discussions about the fashion industry thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought the international store used to do over 138 is free shipping, so not too hard to hit

cb200

Reaction score

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kamakura shirts closing its US operations
It's doing great in Japan (or was in March when I was last there). I think a lot of this has to do with the changing formality of the US workplace. Sure, Ivy / retro enthusiasts may like the collar roll, but that's not Kamkura's main market, which is simply shirts for work. And while the average Japanese salariman still does (even with 'coolbiz' etc.). Americans don't wear those kinds of shirts for work so much any more.

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's doing great in Japan (or was in March when I was last there). I think a lot of this has to do with the changing formality of the US workplace. Sure, Ivy / retro enthusiasts may like the collar roll, but that's not Kamkura's main market, which is simply shirts for work. And while the average Japanese salariman still does (even with 'coolbiz' etc.). Americans don't wear those kinds of shirts for work so much any more.
They will soon. The age of the suit shall return.

All DTC casual-wear brands will be purged in a great and righteous fire.

I have dreamt it.

kongmw

Reaction score
Commentary from Nature:
total mass of microfibres introduced to the environment between 1950 and 2016 to be 4.3 million to 7 million tonnes. ... nearly half of that mass ended up in lakes, rivers and oceans, mostly by way of untreated waste water.
Primary source:

cb200

Reaction score
Looking at just that EG fleece waiting for fall to turn as the culprit is only part of the story when looking at micro-fibers. It's an issue but the whole picture is scary.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we discussed those topics at length in their thread a while back I believe.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tangentially related to the fashion industry, but related.

cb200

Reaction score
Fall 2021 for things to be in some sort of new normal? Apparently according to astrology (hey, it seems about as accurate as anything at this point) there's not going to be any new unknown-unknowns appearing this year at our doorsteps. So far this year's been a bit chaotic so not really trusting much.

1.jpg

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fall 2021 for things to be in some sort of new normal?
Nobody knows. But nobody wants to admit to not knowing either. For a comparable situation, try looking back at the wartime predictions of when WW2 would end...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.