• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discuss: style of Kiton suit (pictures inside)

Degendorff

Reaction score
I love the colour and the size of the corduroy, love it as a suit, especially because of the patch pockets. And I have to agree with edmorel that a corduroy suit is very flexible. But something about the vest is not right. I think that the lapels look weird. If I wore it with a vest, I would wear an odd vest (I think of solids like navy, bottle green and burgundy or patterned with some kind of tartan).

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Degendorff
I love the colour and the size of the corduroy, love it as a suit, especially because of the patch pockets. And I have to agree with edmorel that a corduroy suit is very flexible. But something about the vest is not right. I think that the lapels look weird. If I wore it with a vest, I would wear an odd vest (I think of solids like navy, bottle green and burgundy or patterned with some kind of tartan).

That's good to know. If I ever see a person in an orange suit with a green vest strolling the streets of Hamburg I know it's you and I can say hello.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Degendorff

Gee. I thought the vest lapels were the most attractive feature.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it; although I'm not a tan kind of guy. I could see myself wearing it if it were a richer, darker brown.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd love to have that outfit. And I agree that the individual pieces could easily be used in other ensembles.

Here in San Francisco, people would not bat an eye if they saw one of us wearing this.

Degendorff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stilmacher
That's good to know. If I ever see a person in an orange suit with a green vest strolling the streets of Hamburg I know it's you and I can say hello.

Wenn, dann schon eher im Sachsenwald. Nichts für die City
wink.gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I, too, have a three piece corduroy but it's not a Kiton. In fact, it's almost the same color but not quite as casual--it has hacking pockets, and a ticket pocket.

John Ellis

Reaction score
A classic case of overdoing it. Sorry I may be a slave of popular taste but you are going to look a bit of a dork wandering around in this suit in any setting. To be honest I'm not a fan of corduroy for anything other than pants. When there are so many fantastic tweeds and other interesting fabrics around for an individual jacket why the hell would anyone choose corduroy.

John Ellis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
I'd love to have that outfit. And I agree that the individual pieces could easily be used in other ensembles.

Here in San Francisco, people would not bat an eye if they saw one of us wearing this.

People in San Fran don't bat an eye at lots of things
laugh.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't like the color, and I hate the vest.

I'd probably wear the jacket and pants separately until they got a bit ratty, at which point the suit as a whole would start to look good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads