• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Design expositions in Budapest

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Believe it or not, Budapest has two competing interior design expos going right now. The one I went to today was sponsored by the magazine Lakáskultúra and is housed in the Arena at the edge of downtown. It's a reasonably sized affair with everything that you would expect, except that for some reason I could not find an architect in the place. Here are a couple of photos; tomorrow if I make it out to the one at hero's square I will post more. Unfortunately the camera ran out of juice after just three shots.

I like this ensemble, including the blatant Klimt take off hanging over the chair

img1007ml1.jpg

Perfect example of "generically modern" couch which in retrospect I don't like very much, no matter how comfortable

img1008uc3.jpg

Finally, the only spread that really stood out was this funky flat from PiMobili, a local showroom/dealer/full service interiors kind of place. My next interior designer put this together, the girl in the green shirt, and below.
inlove.gif

greenkitchenqi0.jpg

beb07bfc.jpg

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a take off, really, that suggests an interpretation.

This is just a large scale reproduction of a detail in a Klimt.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
Not a take off, really, that suggests an interpretation.

This is just a large scale reproduction of a detail in a Klimt.

Got me there. I still like it
blush.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads