• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woodtroll

Reaction score
I'm not sure what's going on at Baker's right now. I sent them two separate email inquiries, four and three weeks ago, and never received any reply. I called in a boot order by phone two Saturdays ago, and they said they would check White's stock on Monday and let me know, but I have yet to hear anything back about my order except that the card charge went through. I've always had very good service from Baker's in the past, so I don't know if there have been personnel changes or if they are just swamped right now.

Since I'm assuming that White's did not have my boots in stock, does anyone here know what their current lead/build time is right now?

Thank you!

Zachery Zhu

Reaction score
I'm not sure what's going on at Baker's right now. I sent them two separate email inquiries, four and three weeks ago, and never received any reply. I called in a boot order by phone two Saturdays ago, and they said they would check White's stock on Monday and let me know, but I have yet to hear anything back about my order except that the card charge went through. I've always had very good service from Baker's in the past, so I don't know if there have been personnel changes or if they are just swamped right now.

Since I'm assuming that White's did not have my boots in stock, does anyone here know what their current lead/build time is right now?

Thank you!

Kyle has a baby, so you know

American_Psycho11

Reaction score

Thank you!
This is Baker's super busy time of the year. They get absolutely swamped with orders from people trying to get boots for the winter season as well as wanting boots for Christmas presents. I placed an order for some MPs around this same time last year and got a personal call from them saying they'll do their best but they can't make any promises that it will be made in their usual timeframe, which was fine to me.
Anyone ordering boots from them or White's just needs to be aware that it is winter and christmas is coming up so everything gets slower and pushed back.

Quack Attack

Reaction score

Thank you!

I apologize you didn't get a reply ... no excuses. What is your email address? Can I ask if you sent a direct email or used our "contact us" form? At any rate, please email me directly and I'll get you taken care of... [email protected] in the subject please put ATTN KYLE

Eager to help.

Cheers -

Kyle

miggyramone

Reaction score

Thank you!
I just got tracking from baker's on a new pair. Build time was 5 weeks.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just hit the 5 week mark and I'm aching... I got an update to expect 8 or so weeks from the date of order (10/3) instead of their usual 4-6 weeks... I'm all about taking your time to produce a quality product though, especially since I've already missed fall in the midwest...

miggyramone

Reaction score
^I feel you. I was told wait time was around 6-8 weeks. I am good with the 5 (6 with shipping) I've had to wait. I have one more pair on order but I'm sure those won't get here til mid December. I went a bit crazy once I found my last haha.

Woodtroll

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone, I appreciate the feedack. I didn't realize Christmas season was so hectic for bootmakers! I know fire seasons are busy times, but with the exception of California I don't think the last few months have been particularly active nation-wide. And I agree - the boots are worth waiting for; I just was curious what the expected time frame was, since I didn't think to ask when I ordered.

I apologize you didn't get a reply ... no excuses. What is your email address? Can I ask if you sent a direct email or used our "contact us" form? At any rate, please email me directly and I'll get you taken care of... [email protected] in the subject please put ATTN KYLE
Eager to help.
Cheers -
Kyle

Hello Kyle,
No worries, the questions I had asked in the emails were answered on the phone when I ordered. The first inquiry was sent directly to the "orders@bakershoe" email address, when that didn't work I sent one in via the contact form on your website. But with a busy season and a new baby (congratulations!), I understand that it's hard to keep up. As I said before, I have always received excellent service at Baker's, so I was just curious for the lack of response, not really fussing. This was such a change from my past expeiences that it just struck me as being odd. If I get desperate I will just call... ;) but I always try to email first rather than call by phone and interrupt the business day.

Thanks again to Kyle and everyone else who took the time to reply; I certainly do appreciate it! Enjoy your weekend!

Last edited:

Chupacabra

Reaction score
Probably a question best directed at White’s but does anyone know if you order a bounty hunter with a v100, will it come with a commando heel?

pbrmhl

Reaction score
@Quack Attack is amazing. Can't wait till the wife drags me down to Eugene for the WA-OR game next year as it will be the perfect excuse to drop in and visit with Kyle.

I’ve never been to Eugene, though I’ve lived in Seattle for almost 39 years. I’m a huge Huskies fan (though it’s been painful recently), so maybe I’ll look into the same excuse for visiting Baker’s...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads