• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on distressed smooth for an MP build? I like the idea of something a little tougher than chromexcel because I don't love the scuffs, but it's for a pair of boots that'll primarily be worn in town/city so I'm probably being ridiculous. Also considering waxed flesh.
As has been observed on this board in the past, nothing scuffs up CXL like office chairs! You may want to think about brown or black dress leather, which is actually pretty hardwearing and scuff resistance by all accounts.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
As has been observed on this board in the past, nothing scuffs up CXL like office chairs! You may want to think about brown or black dress leather, which is actually pretty hardwearing and scuff resistance by all accounts.
Very much this. I have a polishing cloth in my desk drawer because of this.

I have other pairs in bullhide, waxed flesh, and horse that this does not occur with on my office chair.

Phalanx

Reaction score
My Bounty Hunters came; due to the issues I had they were replaced under warranty so I got a few changes done:

- 13EE -> 13D/E (these are made on a combo last - $50 surcharge).
- Medallion toe cap -> MP toe cap
- Pull Loop -> No pull loop (it's really unnecessary and your jeans get caught in it).
- Half sole -> Vibram 430
- Canyon lining -> no lining

Apart from a couple of very minor quality control issues I'm extremely happy with these. The fit is so, so much better; tight in the heel with wiggle room for my toes. The footbed has no flaws and they're even about 10% lighter at ~1200 g per boot (I attribute this to the lack of a half sole and lack of lining).

I'll probably do a reddit review at some point - these boots have been a year in the making pretty much haha.

I'll informally call this build the White's Iron Ranger :p

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Those look fantastic.

About pull loops....anyone ever chopped these off at home? I have a pair of boots that are only about 5" tall (not White's) that have them and my pants get caught on them constantly. They're also totally unnecessary on boots that short, especially since they're lace-to-toe hikers that are extremely easy to get your foot into. So, I've been going back and forth on just cutting the loops off, but I dunno if it would look miserable.

Rymanocerous

Reaction score
Thoughts on distressed smooth for an MP build? I like the idea of something a little tougher than chromexcel because I don't love the scuffs, but it's for a pair of boots that'll primarily be worn in town/city so I'm probably being ridiculous. Also considering waxed flesh.
I have been thinking about a DS RO MP build for a while now. I'd love to see what a pair would look like - but I have also been thinking of it more in terms of a new work boot. For you, as a city boot, I can tell you their WF is gorgeous. I would highly consider a Natty or Cinnamon WF MP.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
I have been thinking about a DS RO MP build for a while now. I'd love to see what a pair would look like - but I have also been thinking of it more in terms of a new work boot. For you, as a city boot, I can tell you their WF is gorgeous. I would highly consider a Natty or Cinnamon WF MP.
Thanks for the input! I think I'm leaning WF now, initially I was worried about it in the rain, but I've realized that won't be an issue. Do you know how it would handle mud? Where I live it tends to get pretty muddy when it rains, and I'm concerned that the WF would be hard to just wipe off without doing a deep clean.

Rymanocerous

Reaction score
Thanks for the input! I think I'm leaning WF now, initially I was worried about it in the rain, but I've realized that won't be an issue. Do you know how it would handle mud? Where I live it tends to get pretty muddy when it rains, and I'm concerned that the WF would be hard to just wipe off without doing a deep clean.
It will be fine, it's waxed.

iamntbatman

Reaction score
Yeah, that's basically what it's for. You can straight up just hose mud off of waxed flesh no problem.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sambam (or others who might know), Is it possible to get a Bounty Hunter build but at 5" or so rather than 6"? Seems like I've heard it is, but want to double check.

miggyramone

Reaction score
I'd totally get a 5" BH. It would pretty much be a SD with the heel counter on the outside. I like the look of heel counters.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Some eybleach for the bot spam in the prior post.

smartbrother

Reaction score
Hi friend, Seriously I am feeling good for your experience. Yeah, recently I bought new boots however I don't have any picture of wearing the boot at this time I have attached the picture of my boot that I have copied from the website where I have bought the boot.
Viberg is really pushing it.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
Does Bakers usually do something for Black Friday? I want to order a pair but I’ll wait if I can save some money.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 85 17.6%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 154 32.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 140 29.0%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 54 11.2%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%