• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sambam

Reaction score
Finally!!!! The MP's are ready. I know it's been longer than promised but that's factory life. A few things about them. I know some will not be happy, but no customizing the MP's. We need to be able to run stock models. That being said, we will have 2 models with 2 sole options and 9 colors available. First model is a double row toe cap with all eyelets. 8 or 9 on each side depending on size. Dainite sole or mini half lug. Toe box and stained natural. Nice waxed laces too. Second model is no toe cap and 3 speed hooks per side. Colors are, 3 waxed flesh. Cinnamon, dark brown and natural. 4 chromexcel. Burgundy, natural, brown and black. 2 dress. Brown and black. The black dress will be stained black. The burgundy and the 2 black colors will have black eyelets. All others will have oxi color which is our antique brown. All built on the Barrie dress shoe last. Please contact our retail store or your local dealer for info. We hope everyone enjoys the new boots. Many more styles to come in the near future.

20170714_131145.jpg

20170714_131234.jpg

20170714_131416.jpg

20170714_131441.jpg

20170714_131955.jpg

20170714_132059.jpg

20170714_132419.jpg

20170420_135657.jpg

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally!!!! The MP's are ready. I know it's been longer than promised but that's factory life. A few things about them. I know some will not be happy, but no customizing the MP's. We need to be able to run stock models. That being said, we will have 2 models with 2 sole options and 9 colors available. First model is a double row toe cap with all eyelets. 8 or 9 on each side depending on size. Dainite sole or mini half lug. Toe box and stained natural. Nice waxed laces too. Second model is no toe cap and 3 speed hooks per side. Colors are, 3 waxed flesh. Cinnamon, dark brown and natural. 4 chromexcel. Burgundy, natural, brown and black. 2 dress. Brown and black. The black dress will be stained black. The burgundy and the 2 black colors will have black eyelets. All others will have oxi color which is our antique brown. All built on the Barrie dress shoe last. Please contact our retail store or your local dealer for info. We hope everyone enjoys the new boots. Many more styles to come in the near future.

View attachment 813442

View attachment 813443

View attachment 813444

View attachment 813445

View attachment 813446

View attachment 813447

View attachment 813448

View attachment 813449

Very good... when will you be adding them to your most excellent and comprehensive state of the art website... seems like the perfect place for the roll-out of new products, including the MP and your oxfords... since the line will be standardized, what will be the pricing range?

Last edited:

edinphila

Reaction score

View attachment 813442

View attachment 813443

View attachment 813444

View attachment 813445

View attachment 813446

View attachment 813447

View attachment 813448

View attachment 813449
Once you get ramped up, you have to think about offering with blind eyelets and leather soles.

Rolanberry

Reaction score
Did you happen to see these when they were in the factory, Sambam?

Black Shell Cordovan (Provided by Baker's)
Semi-dress
12 E
Cream Liner
All Nickle Eyelets
Single Midsole
Goodyear Commando Sole (provided by me)
Standard Semidress Trim
Standard heel
Single Celastic toe
Natural Edges

P_20170714_202407.jpg

I had wanted to get a pair of normal horsehide boots awhile back, and had been mesmerized by a pair of Black shell Viberg boots with natural midsole and nickle hardware I had seen pictures of. A few weeks later I saw that Baker's had some shell cordovan allocated for White's orders. A few rules were Semi-dress only, no toecap, liner required, 55 last.

The heel is a bit taller that I thought it would be. I'm thrilled that the boots aren't extremely shiny, I was worried they would be very glossy. I will try and post some more pictures this weekend.

I wanted a sole that would provide a long-life, so I sent a set of goodyear commando soles and heels to Baker's, which sent them along with the shell cordovan to White's.

At a size 12 E, my sole options are limited; about a month ago regarding a boot rebuild, Baker's claims that White's reached out to them and stated that even the Vibram 430 was not wide enough for a 12 E in the 55 last. Sambam has stated that White's does carry the 430 in the larger sizes, but Baker's was adamant.

mlwdp

Reaction score
For ***** and giggles, I would like to see a Smokejumper in double midsole, with a Vibram 100 sole....in Shell Cordovan leather.

Last edited:

sambam

Reaction score
Very good... when will you be adding them to your most excellent and comprehensive state of the art website... seems like the perfect place for the roll-out of new products, including the MP and your oxfords... since the line will be standardized, what will be the pricing range?
They will be on the website shortly.

sambam

Reaction score

Semi-dress
12 E
Cream Liner
All Nickle Eyelets
Single Midsole
Standard Semidress Trim
Standard heel
Single Celastic toe
Natural Edges

View attachment 813658

I had wanted to get a pair of normal horsehide boots awhile back, and had been mesmerized by a pair of Black shell Viberg boots with natural midsole and nickle hardware I had seen pictures of. A few weeks later I saw that Baker's had some shell cordovan allocated for White's orders. A few rules were Semi-dress only, no toecap, liner required, 55 last.

The heel is a bit taller that I thought it would be. I'm thrilled that the boots aren't extremely shiny, I was worried they would be very glossy. I will try and post some more pictures this weekend.

I wanted a sole that would provide a long-life, so I sent a set of goodyear commando soles and heels to Baker's, which sent them along with the shell cordovan to White's.

At a size 12 E, my sole options are limited; about a month ago regarding a boot rebuild, Baker's claims that White's reached out to them and stated that even the Vibram 430 was not wide enough for a 12 E in the 55 last. Sambam has stated that White's does carry the 430 in the larger sizes, but Baker's was adamant.
Yes I had my nephew build them. He is a very good shoemaker. When you pull the vamps, the factory shine comes off and the leather lightens up. Sometimes the pores will show. We used some conditioner from prime leather. It filled the pores and brought back the color to match the quarters. Then I rubbed out the vamps with a deer bone to smooth them out. We have aquired 75 shells in 3 different colors from horween. This fall we will take pre orders and would like to have boots ready for christmas. First come first serve. Keep an eye on our website. Glad you like the boots

TH3515

Reaction score

Semi-dress
12 E
Cream Liner
All Nickle Eyelets
Single Midsole
Standard Semidress Trim
Standard heel
Single Celastic toe
Natural Edges

View attachment 813658

Incredible boots! Shell semi-dress would be my holy grail shoes. And yes, whisky would be awesome.

chicken1616

Reaction score
Sambam,
I Know you are busy, but when you get the chance, could you address the sole options in larger sizes and widths as mentioned above. I have run into this also. A 55 last 13 1/2 F rebuild could only be had with 100's or 700's. What is the size limit on each sole?

YTHMNSTRY

Reaction score

mlwdp

Reaction score
Yes I had my nephew build them. He is a very good shoemaker. When you pull the vamps, the factory shine comes off and the leather lightens up. Sometimes the pores will show. We used some conditioner from prime leather. It filled the pores and brought back the color to match the quarters. Then I rubbed out the vamps with a deer bone to smooth them out. We have aquired 75 shells in 3 different colors from horween. This fall we will take pre orders and would like to have boots ready for christmas. First come first serve. Keep an eye on our website. Glad you like the boots

Since I brought it up, is the shell leather only available for Semi Dress? Seriously, if it is or was available to be done for Smokejumper, I might've done my in it instead of Bullhide! Will it be available to be configured on Baker's site/buildaboot?

Rolanberry

Reaction score
I understand the lining, but why the other restrictions? Especially the toecap?
I believe White's does a true double layer toecap, where they sew an additional layer of leather onto the toe, so they would require additional shell cordovan. There may be other reasons as well.
Nick's and Viberg and Truman all do skived toecaps, simple explanation is they cut the toe portion off and sew it back on to create an aesthetic toecap.

White's doesn't use the stock Vibram soles. Look at the bottom in the arch. You'll see a "hump" where the high arch is.

I'm fairly certain that White's uses the exact same Vibram soles others use. I think the hump is from the the leather shank they add, to create their "arch-ease." It's present even on leather soled White's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads