Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

That did turn out really nice. Did you get them to do a tapered heel, more like viberg? I'm going to be due for heel and sole within the year probably and I really like how the heel tapers like that.

2. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

Yup. I actually asked them to mimic the taper of the viberg heel. I think it turned out great.. I will post more pictures once they ship these out and i get them.

Having some experience with dainite now and with the number of shoes in my rotation, I don't think I will ever need a another rebuild on this pair..

3. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

@sambam One thing about the website that is confusing: When you click the link for "shop customizable boots" it takes you to a page that has a handful of non-customizable boots and a bunch of accessories (laces, grease, etc). Is something wrong..?

4. Legal Eagles

Legal Eagles Active Member

Is "clampdown" the same thing as McKay (Blake) stitch?

5. YTHMNSTRY

YTHMNSTRY Active Member

Got them today!

IMG_2165.JPG

6. mlwdp

mlwdp Active Member

That's a boot! What made you go with Famer Rancher instead of the others like a Bounty Hunter etc?

7. sambam

sambam Senior member

We are slowly building the site. Our stocked items will be put on the site first. We are working on it as fast as we can

8. YTHMNSTRY

YTHMNSTRY Active Member

To be honest, I already had a pair of Farmer Ranchers on the C461 and I really liked the fit so I just stuck with it. I believe the Bounty Hunters are on the 55 last. I've tried some on before but for my feet, the C461 is a better fit. I also have a pair of original Packers in 10.5D that fit well.

9. RockyMountain22

RockyMountain22 Active Member

ythmnstry -- I really like how your new boots look! Very sharp presence.

Can you tell me what you think of that sole option? I think why I have resisted that series so much, is being soured by the RW version of the vibram version. I have never experience it in person - is it hard, soft, squishy, firm, grippy ... ?

Cheers!

10. YTHMNSTRY

YTHMNSTRY Active Member

Thanks!

The sole isn't hard but it is firm and supportive. I have the same sole on my other pair and I've never had a problem with slipping or anything like that. They would be fine in snow but probably not great on ice. It is perfect for warehouse work or anything where you're mostly on concrete or other hard flooring. They will wear down faster than the other White's options but a resole will be less expensive.

11. Rolanberry

Rolanberry Active Member

Sambam, would you have any sizing advice for the MP's built on the Barrie last, and how the length and width might compare to the same size 55 last (Semi-dress last)?

Thank you.

12. marvin100

marvin100 Senior member

My White's oxfords are squeaking after 9 months of polite reticence. Any recourse?