• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Does any one have a pair of MPs with "F" width? i love to see sme pictures. got my new pair of whites MPs in 9F and I feel like the last did not retain it's shape well at this width. would like to know your experinece. I have a pair of 8.5EEs and the shape of that last is not so distroted like 9Fs. I will share some picture later today.
9F Mps in Maryam natural horsehide.
New and 2 years old.
im googling pictures and I think the last looks fine in F width?

Attachments

• Worn1.jpg
    Worn1.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 107
  • New2.jpg
    New2.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Worn2.jpg
    Worn2.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 102
  • New 3.jpg
    New 3.jpg
    621.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Worn 3.jpg
    Worn 3.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Worn 5.jpg
    Worn 5.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Worn 6.jpg
    Worn 6.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 148
  • Worn 8.jpg
    Worn 8.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 145
  • New1.jpg
    New1.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 104

Alaskaking

Reaction score
The above pictures are of a swing lasted pair of bounty hunters ( smokin swingers, swing jumpers or whatever naming convention you prefer) next to a 55 last semidress.
Both British tan, both 9.5EE. I have also had a pair on the smokejumper last that were relasted to the 9338, also 9.5 EE
The swings are my beater pair.
The difference between these is only in the rows of stitches as well as the 55 semidress has a celastic toe.

A continued and well deserved thanks to @Legal Eagles for leading me down this path.

I do not know my brannock, AE, or trubalance size, but typically wear 10.5 shoes, 42 size Birkenstocks.

If you have ever looked at a pair of Birkenstocks and thought,”those look comfortable “, the swing last may be for you.
The difference in color between the two is , well one’s dirty, but more that’s how little I wear the semidress- they are both >2 years old.
I could wear the 55 most of the day, but they do brush my great toe and to a lesser degree, my pinky. Which is enough for me to ignore them.😬
I have a few more pairs on the 38 swing and can’t imagine wearing anything else.
I was sized originally by the baker fit sheet and primarily dealt with Kyle at the time, but have talked with Bryson (the youngest brother) a few times , and was quite satisfied with his care as well, even if his name isn’t as well known.
For my foot, I prefer the soft toe and standard heel height. I have experimented with the +heel lift, but on my foot I feel a bit more pressure on the ball of my foot than I prefer. I don’t feel like it adds an appreciable amount of arch support (for my foot only), but also not enough discomfort to have them reheeled. I will drop those pairs back down to standard when I do, though. The more common arch ease lasts certainly have more arch support, but the standard height on the 38 has more than enough support for my foot.
I know these pictures aren’t great, but hope they at least show the difference from this angle on what the toe looks like in the same size and basic design between the two lasts.

DG123

Reaction score
If you have ever looked at a pair of Birkenstocks and thought,”those look comfortable “, the swing last may be for you.

I have a few more pairs on the 38 swing and can’t imagine wearing anything else.
White's 38 Swing is essentially an orthopedic Last.
Alden's Modified is an orthopedic Last.
Also, Drew Shoe and PW Minor are two company's which produce orthopedic Last footwear.
For nearly everyone an orthopedic Last, in the correct size length and width, will provide the most comfortable wearing footwear. However ortho Lasts are not popular because most people do not like the way the shape of the shoe or boot looks.

colton2e

Reaction score
If you have ever looked at a pair of Birkenstocks and thought,”those look comfortable “
Lol I have tried on pairs of Birkenstocks and the toe box is too narrow for my feet. 4th and 5th toes hang over the front of the shoe while I have a good 1/4” of space in front of my big toe. My feet are basically rectangles.

colton2e

Reaction score
White's 38 Swing is essentially an orthopedic Last.
Alden's Modified is an orthopedic Last.
Also, Drew Shoe and PW Minor are two company's which produce orthopedic Last footwear.
For nearly everyone an orthopedic Last, in the correct size length and width, will provide the most comfortable wearing footwear. However ortho Lasts are not popular because most people do not like the way the shape of the shoe or boot looks.
Alden modified manages to look decent in some makeups cause they extend the toe a bit so it still has some shape. No real reason not to do this except the fact that people get really weird about their feet looking too long. They’d rather be in pain all day and do permanent damage that be perceived as wearing “clown shoes”.

I really like the Modified Indy and Jumpers. It works well on busier patterns like longwings where your eye is less focused on the last shape. You have to watch out for the added depth versions though they basically look like prescription orthopedic shoes.

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
12E... heel to ball... same exact size I settled on in the 38 Swing and oddly Alden Trubalance...

For years my shoe salesman also tried putting my into shoes based on HTT... with unsatisfactory results!
Hello! One more follow-up question here, my friend: when comparing the 9338 swing last and Trubalance last in the same size, which has more space in the toebox? Specifically, toebox width? Thanks!

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello! One more follow-up question here, my friend: when comparing the 9338 swing last and Trubalance last in the same size, which has more space in the toebox? Specifically, toebox width? Thanks!
I find the 9338 has more space in the toe box, being wider and taller.

Phalanx

Reaction score
Would love some more pics of the swing last (maybe even off the foot). I think I'm going to order two pairs this Christmas and one of them will be a swing last model. Even if the swing last looks a bit weird, I think it's only use shoe nerds who actually notice stuff like this; barefoot shoes are really popular and nobody cares about those!

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the 9338 has more space in the toe box, being wider and taller.
You need to share your boots' pics with us!
It's about time 😊
Are you on Facebook? There are a boatload of Facebook groups dedicated to PNW boots lol

Alaskaking

Reaction score
Would love some more pics of the swing last (maybe even off the foot). I think I'm going to order two pairs this Christmas and one of them will be a swing last model. Even if the swing last looks a bit weird, I think it's only use shoe nerds who actually notice stuff like this; barefoot shoes are really popular and nobody cares about those!
IMG_4446.jpeg IMG_4447.jpeg IMG_4434.jpeg IMG_4352.jpeg IMG_4350.jpeg

Alaskaking

Reaction score
IMG_3865.jpeg IMG_3869.jpeg IMG_3874.jpeg IMG_5289.jpeg
IMG_6209.jpeg IMG_6208.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads