• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

discomute

Reaction score
I don't know if this is rhetorical or not - but why would black ever be teacore? Does that actually exist anywhere?

discomute

Reaction score
Black chromexcel is teacore. If your asking if theres a brown leather that teacores to black I dont think so.

Gotcha. No I didn't mean anything to do with brown. I couldn't see why anyone would want black teacore as it'd just look faded. But each to their own.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
I decided to take Baker’s up on the remake of the boots, they thought that because the tongue was thinner the boots could’ve been mismade in brown dress. They also offered a discount to keep them but I decided I’d probably regret not having them in the leather I wanted.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at @Chrikelnel pictures of his boots I am going to order a pair or two of White's as dress boots, come Father's day.
What options do we have considering I need the arch support of 55 last (at least)?
Pointed toe packers are one optio I am really interested in, semi dress or BHs in dress leathers are great looking boots as well.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
Obviously it’s best to get what you payed for, but I don’t think you would have regretted having brown dress either. I don’t think you can lose with either leather.
Definitely agree that they’re both great leathers, but with the direction my boot collection is heading it makes more sense for me to have one boot that’s exactly what I want as I think it’ll be a while before I add another pair.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely agree that they’re both great leathers, but with the direction my boot collection is heading it makes more sense for me to have one boot that’s exactly what I want as I think it’ll be a while before I add another pair.
How much did the Bounty Hunters and SDs weigh?
How tall was/is each pair?
Thanks

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. No I didn't mean anything to do with brown. I couldn't see why anyone would want black teacore as it'd just look faded. But each to their own.
I think that black teacore on boots (not super common but seen it some custom stuff) doesn't always look the greatest, but black teacore on a jacket looks great

Scooterputtputt

Reaction score
Looking at @Chrikelnel pictures of his boots I am going to order a pair or two of White's as dress boots, come Father's day.
What options do we have considering I need the arch support of 55 last (at least)?
Pointed toe packers are one optio I am really interested in, semi dress or BHs in dress leathers are great looking boots as well.
Whites 690 & 695 packers. Nicks dress packers. Love them. Favorite style, packers. Goes against conventional wisdom, i went up half size from my semi dress boots. To my actual brannock size

Attachments

• D2FED8A2-A709-4A18-87AB-218EB206AFE6.png
    D2FED8A2-A709-4A18-87AB-218EB206AFE6.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • 5D26EE1F-D7FC-4A3E-B5B6-AD2041875641.png
    5D26EE1F-D7FC-4A3E-B5B6-AD2041875641.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 74
  • B643BC9F-85B1-4837-9BFC-A8FCBF291AD4.png
    B643BC9F-85B1-4837-9BFC-A8FCBF291AD4.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 77

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
Supposedly have a chance at snagging some Packers for $150 - $175 + shipping almost new. Worth snagging and room to resell if they don't fit?

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Supposedly have a chance at snagging some Packers for $150 - $175 + shipping almost new. Worth snagging and room to resell if they don't fit?
If they are your size then it's a steal - goes without saying!
No experience at selling online but Ebay looks a hassle if you aren't a seasoned seller.

Scooterputtputt

Reaction score
I’ve never sold only bought. Whites quality of a packer boot, have purchased half a dozen between $225 up to $350. Does seem to me prices have increased since purchasing most a few years ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads