• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

iamntbatman

Reaction score
View attachment 1509092
View attachment 1509093
I'm going to let these 10d natural cxl bounty hunters go that I got from @ExtraitdeMinimalist. I decided if I'm going to have a small purposeful collection I can't exactly have 3/5 pairs be natural. They're in great condition, EdM wore them for a month and then I wore them just 5 times or so, the only real damage is the scuff on the left toe. These are a 10d on the 55 last, 6", commando half sole, single celastic toe. I'll get more pics up soon, just thought I'd offer them for cheaper here before I throw them on Grailed/eBay.
I'm asking what I paid, $300, and I'll eat the fees/shipping costs within the CONUS.
Those things are like the town bicycle of this forum. I propose we should all wear this pair at least once.

theofficialhung

Reaction score
When new....

Your pic has convinced me I need a pair of murdered out black semi dress either in black elk or black dress with leather soles + topy for a boot that can be dressed up. Question - your black elks look like they do not have a brown tea core (I want black all the way through), is that the case? If the black elk comes as a tea core leather only, I will go for black dress but hesitant bc I'm not sure if this leather is too "plain" and lacking character as it ages, I don't want to get bored of it.

I'm also going to ask Baker to make the boots with 7 eyes instead of 6, has anybody else done this? I am going for this exact boot below only with a double leather sole + topy (I can't tell if it's the C461 last or the C55).

Murdered out semi dress leather sole.PNG

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm also going to ask Baker to make the boots with 7 eyes instead of 6, has anybody else done this? I am going for this exact boot below only with a double leather sole + topy (I can't tell if it's the C461 last or the C55).

View attachment 1509344
I pretty much ordered something similar in brown dress with all black eyes and double leather soles except with a toe cap. I requested 8 eyes and Kyle said it shouldn’t be a problem, so hopefully Whites will follow through.

montanamike

Reaction score
Your pic has convinced me I need a pair of murdered out black semi dress either in black elk or black dress with leather soles + topy for a boot that can be dressed up. Question - your black elks look like they do not have a brown tea core (I want black all the way through), is that the case? If the black elk comes as a tea core leather only, I will go for black dress but hesitant bc I'm not sure if this leather is too "plain" and lacking character as it ages, I don't want to get bored of it.

View attachment 1509344

View attachment 1509344
Here is brown dress vs black elk tan. The black is dark charcoal inside so pretty similar to black oil tan that way. Full disclosure, the box said black dress as the color but I ordered black elk tan, it is a bit heftier than the brown dress.

Attachments

• 20201203_073120.jpg
    20201203_073120.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 131

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is brown dress vs black elk tan. The black is dark charcoal inside so pretty similar to black oil tan that way. Full disclosure, the box said black dress as the color but I ordered black elk tan, it is a bit heftier than the brown dress.
Man I love that contrast stitching on the upper... every time I see it, I think anew how awesome it is...

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope... not experimenting on those... picture this in SD with double leather sole... that is all...
View attachment 1509466
Excited to see how these turn out. Totally forgot about them and after I plugged in my order, I was messing around on their site and stumbled across them. Had instant pangs of regret for not ordering them.

In other news, I couldn't make up my mind on the MP vs 5050 last and you gents declined to nudge me in either direction. I left it in Bakers hand and they confirmed they are ordering me a 5050. Super stoked to find out what those will be like.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope... not experimenting on those... picture this in SD with double leather sole... that is all...
View attachment 1509466

please share when your pair arrives :)

I placed an order too, but without caps. I put way more thought into brass vs. antique hardware than any one person should...

Long live plain veg tan

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
please share when your pair arrives :)

I placed an order too, but without caps. I put way more thought into brass vs. antique hardware than any one person should...

Long live plain veg tan
I will so post...

Mine will be on the 38 Swing, which will give an interesting aesthetic, but I am to the point where comfort trumps all... and my love for the 38 Swing is well known...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics