• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Legal Eagles

Reaction score
Sounds like Kyle is working on a new Oxford with more arch support. I asked if I could change the last on the Baker's Oxford and he said that it wasn't an option, but that they're working on a more supportive Oxford to release "in the near future".
Done...
1606933059841.png

1606933070103.png

White's 300 on the 55 last... think of all the time I just saved Kyle!
Photo Credit to Ben Robinson...

Legal Eagles

Reaction score
These are actually really good.. would be great with a toe cap too, but even the plain toe has a nice service shoe type of vibe. Was there an ETA of where this would be an option?
As far as I know, it is an option now if you call White's and ask for a 300 Oxford - not to be confused with a retro oxford on the 54 Last... easy way to tell them apart, the 54 lasted retro oxford does not have an external heel counter, while the 300 Oxford does.

The 300 can be made on any last White's uses for the Semi Dress, 55, 38 Swing, 461, heck even the 4811 I suppose, with all of the same options vis a vis toe caps, heel height, welt stitching, etc.

If I recall correctly, there was some sort of agreement that only White's agents in Japan (Stumptown maybe?) could sell the 300, which is why Baker's as an agent could not sell it, but White's directly could... that may have changed, but the 300 oxford is a great shoe...

Here is what @sambam had to say about the 300 Oxford...

The lady on the sales floor is new. Since we dont'sell them she probably has never heard of them. I will inquire on the 300 oxford and the 54 oxford this week. If anything it will have to be purchased straight off our website or in store. I will try.
I am glad to announce to all you White's oxford lovers. You can now purchase our 300 oxford and 54 oxford. Only catch is it can only be purchased at our retail store in Spokane or by calling our retail sales number. Thanks for being patient while I worked this out with our parent company.
The 54 will be limited to the 54 last and dress leather. The 300 can be built on a 55,461,4811 or the 9338. All leathers can be used on the 300 style. This pic is the 300 style. We don't do many 54's but I can get some info out.
300 Oxford on a 4811 last... is that enough arch support for you? ;)

Last edited:

gjerde

Reaction score
Here's two japanese sites with lots of picturs and infomation of White's makeups with less common leathers

Lots of pictures and insporation, and really helped me choose a different leather than CXL on my most recent order, as Bakers/White's do not have a lot of pictures/information on the different leathers they offer.
Just wanted to share, in case it might come useful for someone else

PACostag

Reaction score
Here's two japanese sites with lots of picturs and infomation of White's makeups with less common leathers

Lots of pictures and insporation, and really helped me choose a different leather than CXL on my most recent order, as Bakers/White's do not have a lot of pictures/information on the different leathers they offer.
some of these look absolutely insane, and I want them.

wordfool

Reaction score

What did you go for? Ostrich leather, or perhaps Caiman?!

I like these packers 695, is the leather black dress? and how tall are they?
They're 6" calfskin

chicagoan2016

Reaction score
What did you go for? Ostrich leather, or perhaps Caiman?!

They're 6" calfskin
I am itching to order a third pair of White's boots, can't decide about the leather and whether to stay with BH or order pointed toe packers.

Rymanocerous

Reaction score

My favorite thing I saw on there:
1606952390650.png

edinphila

Reaction score
For anyone with Whites made in brown dress.... what do you like to clean and condition yours with? I’ve worn mine in some inclement weather recently and noticed they are picking up some smudges and water spots. I really don’t want them to darken at all, I like the sort of “Hershey’s chocolate bar” brown they came in. They also have the contrasting khaki stitching. I currently have Huberds shoe grease ( used for my work boots), which I know will darken them. But I also have Bick 4 and VSC. I’m thinking Bick 4 should achieve what I’m looking for, but I wanted to check with others.
A horse hair brush and Huberd’s Shoe Grease.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
IMG_8375.jpeg
IMG_8389.jpeg
I'm going to let these 10d natural cxl bounty hunters go that I got from @ExtraitdeMinimalist. I decided if I'm going to have a small purposeful collection I can't exactly have 3/5 pairs be natural. They're in great condition, EdM wore them for a month and then I wore them just 5 times or so, the only real damage is the scuff on the left toe. These are a 10d on the 55 last, 6", commando half sole, single celastic toe. I'll get more pics up soon, just thought I'd offer them for cheaper here before I throw them on Grailed/eBay.
I'm asking what I paid, $300, and I'll eat the fees/shipping costs within the CONUS.

chicagoan2016

Reaction score
View attachment 1509092
View attachment 1509093
I'm going to let these 10d natural cxl bounty hunters go that I got from @ExtraitdeMinimalist. I decided if I'm going to have a small purposeful collection I can't exactly have 3/5 pairs be natural. They're in great condition, EdM wore them for a month and then I wore them just 5 times or so, the only real damage is the scuff on the left toe. These are a 10d on the 55 last, 6", commando half sole, single celastic toe. I'll get more pics up soon, just thought I'd offer them for cheaper here before I throw them on Grailed/eBay.
I'm asking what I paid, $300, and I'll eat the fees/shipping costs within the CONUS.
looks new.
How many pairs of 'Natural' color do you own?

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
looks new.
How many pairs of 'Natural' color do you own?
Just these, the natural HH SD's I posted recently, and some natural roughout Viberg boondockers, but when the collection only includes 2 other pairs it's a bit much.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.