• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Are there any places that stock White's boots that are ready to go for delivery? Not keen on ordering a custom pair and finding out I don't like them/they don't fit right. Plus the wait time.

When I sent my tracings/measurements in to Bakers, they gave me a size that was way different from my usual size of workboots. So he shipped out a couple pairs of semidress' to let me get a feel for which one felt best. Once I decided on a size, I sent the pairs back to him and got on with my custom order. Worth a shot to email Kyle at Bakers, he's great to work with

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i had my own exp with kyle do not hesitate with working with him. he really cares about the customer.

kenucklehead

Reaction score
So, some good news and some bad news. I placed my order with Baker's which was submitted August 14th. To my surprise, they only took 6 weeks. Everything is pretty much what I wanted. Unfortunately, there are defects on the left boot so I will likely have to have them remade. Boo!
angry.gif

Anyway, here's a photo. One thing I will likely ask to have changed is the thickness of the sole. I was hoping for a bit more contrast between the Brown CXL and the natural smooth leather. However, I think they look awesome.

What do you guys think?

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a surprise at all i submitted my order the same day i get mine later today. from the ship date and i assume when my order was submitted to whites.
Im 6 weeks too i hope i dont have major defects now.....sorry to hear very interesting looking build.

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question on soles: Going between double leather or single mid with 269 outsoles. I know the 269 tapers at the heel, but am curious to know which is thicker/ thinner at the toe. Aesthetically, I prefer double leather, but living here in Cascadia I am having my reservations, so I'm strongly considering the 269s. Plus, the 269s are about $50 cheaper :)

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the double leather on soles for white's is super thick see the first photo above.... i'd opt for a single mid with a sole of your choice... i also chose the 269 on my incoming pair because i plan to wear the boots daily especially in bad weather.

EastWestApparel

Reaction score
Hi b-ewing, double leather looks great and yes, it is thicker, not much but it is and looks clumpier. If you need grip the 269 is your better bet of course though. Look on my site to see examples (not plugging, honestly). Just for info it shouldn't be more money if you're going double leather without a further outsole.

mini14gb

Reaction score

So, some good news and some bad news. I placed my order with Baker's which was submitted August 14th. To my surprise, they only took 6 weeks. Everything is pretty much what I wanted. Unfortunately, there are defects on the left boot so I will likely have to have them remade. Boo! :angry: Anyway, here's a photo. One thing I will likely ask to have changed is the thickness of the sole. I was hoping for a bit more contrast between the Brown CXL and the natural smooth leather. However, I think they look awesome. What do you guys think?
Hey a local boot shop can change the contrast of the midsoles.

revrend

Reaction score
You're giving me hope that I'm a lot farther along in my wait than I expected! If they're on the same pace, I'm probably halfway to my bounty hunters!

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea i know i have small feet 9d whites semi dress. i told kyle my best fitting shoes measure 12.25" out sole length and 4.25" width at widest point. boots measure exactly that. i guess the soft toe is making it look sleeker than it really is. sorry about the not so awesome photography. i guess i could have gone up another half size due to the sleeker look compared to my last pair. but overall pretty happy.

there is light creasing all over the leather but not from being tried on probably how the leather is although my last two pairs in brown dress didn't have this. its crazy on the left boot outer top on the right side of it. forgot to add both boots parts on tip of the toe the leather is different color or that look when you scrape your boots and it takes off some of the color. not a big deal seeing as i would have did that myself after a few wearings.

going to see how these work out then hopefully start planning my next pair. color seems dull but photos shot in neutral and no editing whatsoever.

i could have made them handsome in photoshop but chose not to.

Last edited:

kenucklehead

Reaction score
I like the two tone look there, nice combo. What are the defects on the left boot?

The left boot has a big scuff (looks like from the sander) as well as 4 crease lines that look like they were left by some sort of rolling device. Anyway, looks like they are going to get them remade for me. Sucks about the extra wait though. I was looking forward to wearing them.

4characters

Reaction score
Crosswound--- Nice SDs. would like to see how the soft toe ages. Thinking about getting soft toe for my next pair.
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i will keep you guys updated these boots i don't know if its just me but the break in is more brutal than my first pair and these i sized .5 bigger..... i doubt its because of the soft toe lol..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads