• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tigerpac

Reaction score
Awesome bl@ster, you're going to need more feet. Was thinking of picking up a pair of boots for work (business casual dress) but didn't think White's had anything formal enough... but if they put together beautiful oxfords like that, maybe there's hope!

4characters

Reaction score
Bl@ster-- Nice oxfords, the French calf looks very dressy; Love it.
The perfect oxfords and white’s makes them! Thanks for posting.

Okal

Reaction score
Bl@ster,

What is your footwear budget?!? You have a fortune just in White's! The Retro Oxfords look terrific. I don't understand why they cost more than the boots, however. Must be that the production line isn't set up to produce them on a regular basis. For most of us, we can't get all the White's boots we would like, so the shoes are not high on our list of priorities, but you seem to have just about every configuration of boots that White's makes, so it's logical for you to pick up the Oxfords too. I'd like to get a pair in black HH with plain caps and heels like yours for my primary dress shoes, but that build probably isn't offered. I need to check with Kyle Baker and see. Love the brown calf on your shoes.

I don't think I've ever liked any shoe leather better than the brown HH that my SDs are made of. The boots are slowly forming around my feet and becoming super comfy. It takes a lot of wearing to really break the boots in well. In the meantime, I bought some Woodcraft Ultra shoe trees and have started using them. I wear the boots a few days each week and always give them a good brushing at the end of each day of use after installing the shoe trees. I haven't treated the boots thoroughly with anything yet, but I do very lightly apply a little Obenauf's LP to areas that start to show the need for a little conditioning or slight drying. As a result of the regular brushing and light as-needed treatment, my boots continue to look almost like new, other than the normal creasing and minimal wear that has taken place. These really are my semi-dress boots, so I take care of them and don't beat the hell out of them like some folks would. I'll post some more pictures of the HH SDs this weekend to show how nicely they are "aging". I want to get some other White's boots to use as working boots that will be regularly subjected to tough conditions. Probably some oil tanned leather Packers. The more I look at them, the more I am thinking of the pointed toes since they are so much closer to my cowboy boots.

Allan

Last edited:

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Budget?? Zzzzzz..... How about some new boots, shall we? LOL

Just got these beautiful Brown Bison leather SD's in from Baker's, boys!!!

Here are pics and the specs:

Last Standard, Sole Leather, Size - Length 11, Hardware All Antique Eyes, Edge Natural, Upper (Shaft) Leather Brown Bison, Midsole Single, Pull Loops No Thanks, Leather Liner Tan, Sole Trim Close Trim, Toe Vamp Leather Brown Bison, Size - Width D (medium), Toe Cap No Thanks, Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe, Heel Base Standard

4characters

Reaction score
Budget?? Zzzzzz..... How about some new boots, shall we? LOL

You’re completely crazy, but crazy with good taste.
Nice boots! How does the Bison compare to the other leathers?

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

4characters

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads