• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Okal

Reaction score

Opinions are like a**holes, but i say stick with black upper, white welt stitching ;)

That would be my preference too, but others could reasonably disagree and want black stitching.

Allan

Hill

Reaction score
I just got my first pair of White's. 8 weeks exactly. Love them except for the color of the welt stitching. I know there's been some discussion about this recently but I've never seen this type of build with anything but white. It looks like a stain or something was applied to the top of the welt (maybe from the brown edge trim?) because the bottom stitching is white. Super bummed because I assumed they would come with white. They just don't pop like they would with a white welt.

4characters

Reaction score
I think it’s time for a coffee break…

Anyone hear tried White’s boots coffee?

They have:
Hunter blend, Lady Packer blend, Logger blend, Farmer-Rancher blend, Packer blend, Semi-Dress blend, SmokeJumper blend, and Packer Decaf blend.

The Semi-dress blend sounds out of this world. Anyone tried this stuff, Thoughts?

Last edited:

sleepy94

Reaction score
I just got my first pair of White's. 8 weeks exactly. Love them except for the color of the welt stitching. I know there's been some discussion about this recently but I've never seen this type of build with anything but white. It looks like a stain or something was applied to the top of the welt (maybe from the brown edge trim?) because the bottom stitching is white. Super bummed because I assumed they would come with white. They just don't pop like they would with a white welt.

get some saddle soap and a small welt brush and it will come right off. the dyes don't stick whatever material they use for the stitching, the stitching on mine have been "stained" by edge dye, by polish, and by general use and they have always cleaned right up.

Hill

Reaction score
I just got my first pair of White's. 8 weeks exactly. Love them except for the color of the welt stitching. I know there's been some discussion about this recently but I've never seen this type of build with anything but white. It looks like a stain or something was applied to the top of the welt (maybe from the brown edge trim?) because the bottom stitching is white. Super bummed because I assumed they would come with white. They just don't pop like they would with a white welt.

get some saddle soap and a small welt brush and it will come right off. the dyes don't stick whatever material they use for the stitching, the stitching on mine have been "stained" by edge dye, by polish, and by general use and they have always cleaned right up.

Thanks man, appreciate this.

PASstudy

Reaction score
Wanted Red Milano WB for my SD. Baker's did not have it so I went through Whites. Order place today. $527 + $20 shipping.

Went: 5"
toe cap
Composition sole w/ block heel
all antique eyelets
std everything else

Can't wait to see how they turn out.

4characters

Reaction score
Can't wait to see how they turn out.
Same hear, they sound really nice.
Just wondering, but what do you mean by "std everything else"?
wink.gif

tigerpac

Reaction score
I think he means what do you consider standard for the other options...

4characters

Reaction score
Nah, I was just hoping his new shoes weren’t going to get him sick….
rotflmao.gif

PASstudy- your boots are going to be out of this world.
smile.gif

Last edited:

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got a pair of White's Retro Oxfords in from Baker's. Here's the pics and specs below. One thing to note, I measured and these seem to run a full size larger than a true Brannock size vs the Semi Dress boot which I feel runs about a half size larger than true to size. Unexpected, but that's what I found. These came out to $550 which is more than the boots, not sure why that is (fewer sold perhaps?) This is my first foray into the French Calf leathers.. and sure enough it is thinner, shinier, and works well on the oxfords since it looks a little dressier. And yes, these have the 1/4" lowered heel. Here are two quick crappy cell phone pics:

Retro Oxford by White's Boots
Hardware All Antique Eyes, Size - Width D (medium), Leather Dark Brown French Calf, Heel Base 90 Degree Blocked off Heel (Traveler), Toe Cap No Thanks, Sole Leather, Sole Trim Close Trim, Size - Length 11 Heel lifts: 1/4" lower

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics