1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Whacky, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. revrend

revrend Well-Known Member

I think it's interesting that OSB's rough-out chromexcel is actually a chromexcel variant designed specifically to be rough-out.

I like rough-out leathers, but haven't handled a chromexcel that is better rough-out.

2. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

If you use leather laces, that top hook can often slip, and the eye just gives that extra security. Also, if you wrap your laces around your ankle, that eye lets you wrap the laces in the same direction, without the u-turn on the hook.

3 people like this.
  3. cwmi

cwmi Well-Known Member

All this talk of natural CXL I had to show off how nicely the patina is developing on mine.
    Got these in August and wear them about 3-4 times a week.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. ben2t

ben2t Senior member

[​IMG]

5. cwmi

cwmi Well-Known Member

I'm kinda going with this ... to me the boot looks like it's seen some real use , not just office duty.

6. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Yeah, a beauty -- Viberg CXL I believe.
    Though the White's posted above is surely great as well!

7. cwmi

cwmi Well-Known Member

Yeah , I love the Viberg Service boot, and is that one on a different last than the standard service boot ? The toe seems more upturned. I love
    Vibergs, but have stuck with White's because of the arch support. I have flat feet so that high support really helps.

8. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

It's their 310 last. Really cool I think. I owned a pair but couldn't quite roll with the high heel so sold them. Thinking now of trying that last but with a slightly lowered heel... There is definitely less support than White's, but you could maybe use an insole.

9. cwmi

cwmi Well-Known Member

Yeah... 310 last in Icy Mocha CXL or Cigar shell Cordovan...I would have to sell a pair or two of my White's to afford that though.

10. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

What size are you? There is someone on another board getting ready to sell a Viberg size 10 in black HH on the 310 last. I think they are close to new, and would be presumably at a bargain price

But yeah, they are not cheap new, that's for sure.

11. cwmi

cwmi Well-Known Member

I'm usually around a 10.5 , 11 and I think I'd end up divorced if another pair of boots showed up. I've recently gotten into bourbons and a steady flow of bottles have been coming in so I don't want to push my luck ! LOL

12. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

If you're a 10.5 or 11 US, those Viberg 10s would probably fit you perfectly, and I expect they'll be going for less than $600. But if not, at least you've got the bourbon to console you!

13. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

I'm going with #2 as well, for the kick-up toe. Planning on a pair of White's Classic Work Boots for that same reason.

I thought that White's arch support system is supposed to be more conducive to for feet with high arches, not flat feet?

14. cwmi

cwmi Well-Known Member

Thanks, and it is tempting to look into them, I will keep them in mind.

I work in a business casual environment and can pull off the White's here , don't think I could pull off the Viberg's though.

As far as the arch support, I can only speak for myself. Flat feet and no support equals achy calves and sore back. Flat feet with support makes me happy.

15. Brian Itzaina

Brian Itzaina Well-Known Member

16. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

That's crazy dark for just a few months of wear!! My natural CXL OSB Trench boots have darkened considerably but nowhere near your shade. Looks great.

17. SkyShot

SkyShot Member

Well, after much lurking around here I pulled the trigger. Thanks to Kyle at Bakers and the folks who contribute to this board.

They're my first pair of White's. I have Red Wing Beckmans and Wolverine 1K and these are superb. Really comfortable instantly. The Cuban heel is awesome to walk on and it took zero adjustment.

The last photo shows the boot with a grey lace. I'll probably end up trying a taupe lace since the brown laces provided seem weak visually to me.

Simple yet, delicious.

Semi Dress
    Hardware All Antique Eyes,
    Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe,
    Midsole Single,
    Heel Base Standard,
    Upper (Shaft) Leather Black Chrome Excel by Horween,
    Toe Vamp Leather Black Chrome Excel by Horween,
    Sole Trim Standard Trim,
    Last Standard
    Size – 9 D (medium),
    Sole Leather,
    Heel Lifts Standard,
    Edge Brown
    >>>>>>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With grey laces...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  18. ben2t

ben2t Senior member

@ sky nice pick, as i am enjoying my 1st White's and have semi dress at the top of my list, hope you can post some close up photos of the standard sole trim of your boots.

19. Brian Itzaina

Brian Itzaina Well-Known Member

Smokejumpers are finally broken in well.
    If they didn't take so damn long to lace up I'd wear them to work everyday.
    12" high boots aren't appealing at 6:30 am on the way to the office.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. cwmi

cwmi Well-Known Member

Great pictures !