Custom Made for "Mr. Jones" Label question? and Cost?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Soph, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Soph

Soph Senior member

[​IMG] I have a friend who prides himself on that his jacket has "custom made for et.etc." in his jacket.

Keep in mind he is only paying about $1000 or less for a suit. The materials look quite poor and the construction seems to be machine made entirely, and probably fused. I can defintitely say the shirts are of very cheap material as the collar looks thin and horrid. The fit is fairly precise though, so there are points for this.

I used to get suits in this range this from King's image in Indy (before I had a clue), and realize now the suits were entirely machine made and of average quality at best.

***So how much does it cost to get this label in your jacket? And does it give you bragging rights?

2. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

[​IMG] I have a friend who prides himself on that his jacket has "custom made for et.etc." in his jacket.

Keep in mind he is only paying about $1000 or less for a suit. The materials look quite poor and the construction seems to be machine made entirely, and probably fused. I can defintitely say the shirts are of very cheap material as the collar looks thin and horrid. The fit is fairly precise though, so there are points for this.

I used to get suits in this range this from King's image in Indy (before I had a clue), and realize now the suits were entirely machine made and of average quality at best.

***So how much does it cost to get this label in your jacket? And does it give you bragging rights?

i think I understand your question. That is a label that most tailors, from $300/suit Indian tailors to $4000/suit guys put in their suits. It means nothing.

3. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Senior member

You can get those labels for a few bucks each in small quantities. I'm gonna order some and have the alterations guy at the cleaners put them into Merona suit separates from Target. Instant custom clothing.

http://www.charmwoven.com/

4. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior member

i think I understand your question. That is a label that most tailors, from $300/suit Indian tailors to $4000/suit guys put in their suits. It means nothing.

I agree; this is not a sign of a quality garment, nor a lack thereof. Working buttonholes are more appropriate than such tags.