• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crotch blowing out on Nudies before proper fades develop

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
I've never had a pair of New Standards last that long, even with repairs the fabric that covers up my ******* dick and my balls seems to just disintegrate after about a year and a half.

Sigged, oh wait, no I didn't.

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
You guys are missing the point.

I don't give a **** about the blow-out. Look how ****** the fades are. I am simply stating my surprise that they would blow-out before real fades develop.

That is really weird about the fades. IIRC nudies are fast-faders, and all the pairs I've seen have really contrast-y fades unless they were washed very early on---which yours clearly weren't. Sucks about the blowout, I'm getting one repaired at the moment.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slim Jim Dry JAPAN do not fade fast in my experience. They're not nearly as brutal as Ande's cone mills denim, which is what I'm wearing now, but still.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
Yeah that story had pretty much everything, do you mind if I forward it to friends and take credit for it?

Yea, my petite standards are getting pretty thin around the crotch too and it has been about 6months. It's not only that nudies are in general kinda cheap. But it's what happens when you wear slim jeans almost every single day without rotating them and also never washing them. I know a lot of guys on here who wash their jeans a fair amount and seems to help them in terms of fabric strength.

This is why jeans with some poly or stretch in them last forever. It's not always about quality.

I may as well wash my apcs one of these days so i can do so before they blowout

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Yea, my petite standards are getting pretty thin around the crotch too and it has been about 6months. It's not only that nudies are in general kinda cheap. But it's what happens when you wear slim jeans almost every single day without rotating them and also never washing them. I know a lot of guys on here who wash their jeans a fair amount and seems to help them in terms of fabric strength.

This is why jeans with some poly or stretch in them last forever. It's not always about quality.

I may as well wash my apcs one of these days so i can do so before they blowout

Wait, so you mean taking care of your clothing properly as has been done by generations of people makes it last longer? Who the hell would have ever guessed?
facepalm.gif

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Well to be honest, the main problem people have is sizing down on things or wearing slim jeans and wearing the same ones over and over, often doing stuff like biking or other things because they want them to wear down faster. I fully understand that but i think some people don't understand that wearing their jeans hard to get good defined fades will wear the jeans down. I mean, that's basically what the fades are implying.

Racing Green

Reaction score
If people will insist on sizing down on jeans and then wearing them constantly they should expect them to fall to bits. I've loads of Nudies and I've never had a problem.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno why people complain about Nudie quality so damn much. Sure it falls short of the artisinal Japanese brands, but they're also on the order of $50-100 cheaper usually, have more modern and larger variety of cuts, and are still leaps and bounds ahead of any mainstream designer jeans in terms of quality. Compare to TR, 7FAM, or R&R and it's a JOKE.

The other brands that make similar-better quality jeans for the same price range are usually really small scale (in one or two shops in the entirety of the US, only available online, made to order) or made in only one or two cuts from a larger scale brand. Nudie does what they do well, and while they're not the best jean on the market, they don't deserve the hate you guys dole out on a regular basis.

JGP.

Reaction score
Recently happened to my Ande Whall's. Crotch blew out way before any sort of real fades showed up.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Ande's crotch blow out was legendary lol, it stretched all the way to the back of the leg

Got good fades though... Just ripped my back pocket by mistake too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads