• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

ryan55

Reaction score
Okay all heard back from the factory about a potential make up. Had some interest over on the main thread about a black shell Coniston boot. Same price for 6 or 12 if we complete the GMTO this year, so here it goes.

- Style: Coniston
- Last: 378 or 325
- Width: E
- Material: Shell Cordovan
- Colour: Black
- Welt: Stormwelt or Flat welt
- Sole Unit: Double Leather or Ridgeway
- Midsole: Leather
- Edge Colour: Black
- Eyelets: 4 + 4
- Price (incl. VAT): £975
- Price (ex. VAT): £812.5

So far we have interest from:
@Gustaf
@mxgreen
@flax

Which means we'd only need 2 more to get this going.

I’m interested. I’ve been looking for a black shell boot to wear to the office with chinos/cords and jackets/sports coats. Was previously considering a cap toe Alden. I’d be ok with the storm welt but would prefer double leather on 325, I think, but could be persuaded with the 378. 378 seems like a more contemporary option that maybe takes it another step less formal (it has a slightly country or snow boot look to me)? How long do GTMOs generally take once securing the group? This would be my first.

nareichert

Reaction score
C0B85F01-30DD-4077-A078-58C0D9B6C67D.jpeg
Reverse black shell Gianni. Really happy with these.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m interested. I’ve been looking for a black shell boot to wear to the office with chinos/cords and jackets/sports coats. Was previously considering a cap toe Alden. I’d be ok with the storm welt but would prefer double leather on 325, I think, but could be persuaded with the 378. 378 seems like a more contemporary option that maybe takes it another step less formal (it has a slightly country or snow boot look to me)? How long do GTMOs generally take once securing the group? This would be my first.
Yes, you are right. I may have confused it with the 375 last (which is what they just ran on the new Hatch Shell Coniston). I think 12-16 weeks is probably the norm once the orders are placed.

ryan55

Reaction score
Yes, you are right. I may have confused it with the 375 last (which is what they just ran on the new Hatch Shell Coniston). I think 12-16 weeks is probably the norm once the orders are placed.
Could have been me getting mixed up. 375 would be awesome. I would go for double leather if those more established than me are amendable to that.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, folks. Only need 6 to get this done at the below price and this is the last month to do it. If everyone below confirms we only need 1 more to send into production!

- Last: 375
- Welt: Stormwelt
- Sole Unit: Double Leather

How do these specs look @flax @Gustaf @ryan55 @mxgreen

Gustaf

Reaction score
Could have been me getting mixed up. 375 would be awesome. I would go for double leather if those more established than me are amendable to that.

Okay, folks. Only need 6 to get this done at the below price and this is the last month to do it. If everyone below confirms we only need 1 more to send into production!

- Last: 375
- Welt: Stormwelt
- Sole Unit: Double Leather

How do these specs look @flax @Gustaf @ryan55 @mxgreen

I would prefer to revise it to either a flat welt or rubber soles.

A storm welt goes better with rubber soles, and leather soles better with a flat welt, functionally as well as aesthetically, all IMO of course. I am probably in a minority on this. In any case, I think this make-up would look really sleek with a flat welt. Not a deal breaker but a strong preference.

Otherwise OK.

But the question of which last to choose is interesting. 224, 228, 335, 365, and 378 are all contenders afaic.

Does anyone have pictures of last 375, 378 and 325 side by side? Id like to see how round and "bulbous" each toe is

You won't see much difference between 375 and 325, they share the same toe box and only differ in the heel. I don't have any shoe on 378 but here is a relevant reference:

See also:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads