• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

KennyTam

Reaction score

I added myself to the whiskey Harlech GMTO:

Sole: Dainite (Brown version)

Eyelets: Exposed - Speed Hooks - Brass

Stitching Color: Tonal/Color Matched

Welt: 360 Storm

Edge Color: Natural Tan (Antique)

Pricing

EU Customers (VAT) - £750
USA Customers - £624.95
*Shipping to USA - £30
**Shipping will vary to other parts of the world.

1. @MrVenneri <--sponsor/coordinator
2. @Kczsilence
3. @Kennyg75
4. @Jph10128
5. @ Falu_al
6. @dkotek
7. @litos
8. @gokingsgo
9. @KennyTam
10. @ennui

Still waiting for 2 more participants?

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys, 

I am a bit confused about sizing for the Dundee. I know that going from US to UK size is 1 full size down (e.g., 12D US --> 11E UK). 

I read that C&J marked the Marlows as 1/2 size up from the UK size, however my Marlows do not reflect this. They're 12D and the box says 11 for the UK size. I have seen some box pictures where the US size was in fact 1/2 size larger. This is what's confusing me. What gives? 
If you search the thread this topic has been beaten to death with a dead horse and fairly recently too.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys, 

I am a bit confused about sizing for the Dundee. I know that going from US to UK size is 1 full size down (e.g., 12D US --> 11E UK). 

I read that C&J marked the Marlows as 1/2 size up from the UK size, however my Marlows do not reflect this. They're 12D and the box says 11 for the UK size. I have seen some box pictures where the US size was in fact 1/2 size larger. This is what's confusing me. What gives? 

C&J in my experience is always a full size down from your "true" US size. For example, my Brannock is US13D, I'm a US13D in Marlow wingtip, a US12.5D in Alden Barrie, and a UK12E in all C&J lasts I've tried.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

C&J in my experience is always a full size down from your "true" US size. For example, my Brannock is US13D, I'm a US13D in Marlow wingtip, a US12.5D in Alden Barrie, and a UK12E in all C&J lasts I've tried.

this is for the medium/average foot

I have a wide right foot/toes and will be going 0.5 size down only. for reference, I am a 7.5E in the barrie.

100 yrs

Reaction score
got an email back from lauren re: the dundee sizing. she recommended the same size across all lasts fwiw. i wear an UK 8E in the 341 last and will be ordering the same on the 335. I.m a 9US C/D on the brannock.

so what's generally the process on these GMTOs (the dundee will be my first)? I only got the sizing advice from lauren, no instructions to collect payment or anything. does she have to make sure she has 12 people committed first? full payment up front then it takes +/- 4 months for the boots to be made?

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

IDK if I posted this most recent shot in this thread yet.

Here are my Crockett and Jones Whiskey Shell Cordovan Harlech's:
IMG_0578_zpsloccgygh.jpg

Just to help out anyone that may be on the fence about ordering.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore mine yesterday. Looks like you're having a blooming problem too.

Interestingly enough. These have zero bloom.

When I think of bloom, I think of the powdery white residue, of which, these have none.

Thanks.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
>>>>>...and a UK12E in all C&J lasts I've tried...
I am on UK12E in C&J lasts 325 and 335 but I am on UK11.5E in C&J last 365 (Bangor model) and it fits perfect.

Now my apologies again for I am asking probably not in the right thread but I've been digging through the couple of hundreds pages in Edward Green thread and could find the answer.

May be someone here know : what size should I go for in EG last 82 Galway?

.....if I am wearing C&J 12UK (except last 11.5 UK in last 365 which is generous) and 12UK in all my Cheaneys heavy brogues (imo Cheaney is very, very underrated here on SF)

I like Galway on 82 last so much that I have a serious difficulty to persuade myself not to venture into the realm of EG like of shoes...
Harlech Whiskey Project may rescue me from Galway. If this MTO is still undermanned by the end of the month (not likely), I'll join.

Again, would appreciate advice : what size UK should I go for in EG last 82 Galway?

http://www.styleforum.net/t/291745/edward-green-appreciation-pictures-info-and-where-to-buy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics