• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

stevefok

Reaction score
brass eyelets would rock on the whiskey lindrick

will they have any more whiskey shell after the Warlow and Harlech?

Looks like the Whiskey Harlech GMTO still need 2 more participants, a shame that I have too many cap toes

@BurntPockets , since you already got ahold of Pernilla, can you check with CJ to see if they have enough whiskey shell?

Last edited:

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd be all over a navy shell Northcote if I didn't already have navy shell Tricker's Roys.

I forgot that you had those in your stable...

BurntPockets

Reaction score
Looks like the Whiskey Harlech GMTO still need 2 more participants, a shame that I have too many cap toes

@BurntPockets , since you already got ahold of Pernilla, can you check with CJ to see if they have enough whiskey shell?

Not a problem, just sent over an email inquiring about the availability of Whiskey and other shell, will keep you updated.

Think we have a tentative 3 so far for the Brown Lindrick. Seems like we may have a few others that may be interested in a Whiskey Lindrick on Reddit. My preference would be the Brown, but could warm up to the idea of Whiskey.

Last edited:

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Doesn't that make it a double Dainite sole? This is in the specs for the Dundee I've emailed to Lauren.

I've also asked her about the welt of the Dundee. This boot needs a storm welt IMO, and I wasn't sure what the welt on the Dundee is referred to as. Any ideas? It seems somewhat "notched".

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Doesn't that make it a double Dainite sole? This is in the specs for the Dundee I've emailed to Lauren.

I've also asked her about the welt of the Dundee. This boot needs a storm welt IMO, and I wasn't sure what the welt on the Dundee is referred to as. Any ideas? It seems somewhat "notched".

i like and would prefer this look.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While we're on the topic of welts, are we talking about a true storm welt for the Dundee or a split welt? I didn't ask before because I just assumed it was a split welt.

Storm welt. I've asked Lauren for information on the Dundee welt as shown in the image above, not sure if it's storm/split/something else. I'll update when I hear back.

Wesley Crusher

Reaction score

Storm welt. I've asked Lauren for information on the Dundee welt as shown in the image above, not sure if it's storm/split/something else. I'll update when I hear back.

I honestly cannot tell from the pics if it is a flat welt or split. A true storm welt would be badass. I'm in either way. As long as it's 360 degrees, I'm good.

BurntPockets

Reaction score
... Lindrick GMTO run. This is what I proposed:

Style: Lindrick
Last: 325
Upper: Dark Brown Shell Cordovan

Width: UK E (US D)
Welt: Storm
Edging: Antique
Sole: Dainite Sole in Dark Brown with a thin leather mid-sole
Eyelets: Dark Brown/Brass Metal Eyelets (same as original)

~£700 (£583 excluding VAT, ~$828 USD) per pair + shipping charges (£30 US Shipping)...

Making progress, updated Lindrick GMTO list:

@BurntPockets
@gokingsgo
@stevefok
@pfeufferam

Wesley Crusher

Reaction score
Guys,

I am a bit confused about sizing for the Dundee. I know that going from US to UK size is 1 full size down (e.g., 12D US --> 11E UK).

I read that C&J marked the Marlows as 1/2 size up from the UK size, however my Marlows do not reflect this. They're 12D and the box says 11 for the UK size. I have seen some box pictures where the US size was in fact 1/2 size larger. This is what's confusing me. What gives?

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys, 

I am a bit confused about sizing for the Dundee. I know that going from US to UK size is 1 full size down (e.g., 12D US --> 11E UK). 

I read that C&J marked the Marlows as 1/2 size up from the UK size, however my Marlows do not reflect this. They're 12D and the box says 11 for the UK size. I have seen some box pictures where the US size was in fact 1/2 size larger. This is what's confusing me. What gives? 

I don't know but a possible explanation for all the confusion is that have used both sizing conversions

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads