• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd throw mine up... kitchen lighting, so nothing great.

In the pictures they do look a little pale-ish brown but they are whiskey-looking when I hold them closer to the direct light. They look really maple to me - not sure if that's "whiskey" or "ravello" or something else.

meowmix1891

Reaction score
Holy crap, they are gorgeous. I would have no need for a Ravello day tripper with those. Awesome! I think the C&J is a superior boot.
Yes this batch is GORGEOUS and yes these are superior to daytrippers. But your comment is equivalent to saying that Lexus is superior to Toyota. Duh it costs $200 + possible 10% customs more!

I'm just jealous haha! I gave these up for the daytrippers so I'm venting lol!
baldy[1].gif
Man that ravello-like whiskey is f***ing awesome!

Last edited:

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have heard back from Lauren. Gianni in scotch grain calf would come to £420 inc. VAT and £350 exc. VAT.

She is also going to speak to Steve Murdoch regarding the grain cordovan. I suggested that it was likely that were C&J able to get hold of a limited amount of material, I would be able to scramble together enough participants in a GMTO to use all of it. However, I am not holding my breath.

grained cordovan ever happen?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@Crat which last is your somerville on?

would six people be interested in the Somerville in Whiskey Shell Cordovan from C&J?

Not sure they have enough shell for that. My understanding was that last batch pretty much cleared them out. But I could be mistaken

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads