• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Doubtful about $450 though, if you do an auction on eBay would probably be 300, can always put at your ideal price and wait for someone to bite but that might take quite a while

katch

Reaction score

Doubtful about $450 though, if you do an auction on eBay would probably be 300, can always put at your ideal price and wait for someone to bite but that might take quite a while

I would do that. Btw those def don't need a resole. I would actually like to see someone wear a pair for 2 years straight and see if they need one. They are built like tanks

elsalvatrucha

Reaction score
Wow, when did the price go up to $1,350. They were $850 a few months ago. Last MTO I saw on the C&J MTO thread was like $700

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Marlow PTBs.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have info on the RL Rossendale? There are some listed on eBay but they don't seem to be available at Ralph Lauren anymore. It's a black calf shirt wing blucher. It's different from the Marlow wingtip in that it's a flat 270 welt, single leather sole, and what seems to be a sleeker last. The eBay listing indicates that it's Purple Label. I think it's been a while since RL "labled" they're shoes so I'm thinking this is an old model.
The info I'm specifically looking for is,
- just how old is this model?
- what last is it on?
- any other info I should know?
Thanks!

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congrats.

Those creases look pretty deep. It's almost as if the shoes were too large for the previous owner. I'd get a deer bone and go to town on those puppies!

Possibly, or maybe he didn't use trees in them.

Don't have a bone yet, but on my list to get. Waiting for a Hanger Project sale, so I could pick up, but maybe that won't happen. They recently had one for purchases over $150, but I'd need a lot more than a deer bone to get over $150.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Possibly, or maybe he didn't use trees in them.

Don't have a bone yet, but on my list to get. Waiting for a Hanger Project sale, so I could pick up, but maybe that won't happen. They recently had one for purchases over $150, but I'd need a lot more than a deer bone to get over $150.

That's the extent of the discount they offer on core shoe care items. I've never seen a store wide sale for them and I've been buying from them for years.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's the extent of the discount they offer on core shoe care items.  I've never seen a store wide sale for them and I've been buying from them for years.

Thanks for the info, I see now from a Google search, that Leffot carries them. I may just try to get one the next time I'm near there.

katch

Reaction score

Thanks for the info, I see now from a Google search, that Leffot carries them. I may just try to get one the next time I'm near there.

I've worked out some serious creases before

Wipe down
Brush like a mofo
Apply saphir renovatuer
Bush like a mofo
Bone with pressure (obviously with trees inserted)
Brush like a mofo
Apply renovateur
Brush like a mofo

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads