• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Skelnik

Reaction score
Spelling has been corrected. Even if you are not interested in the shoes, check out the listing. Seller is "cool" looking for a guy his age
cheers.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262860974761?ul_noapp=true

Saw that listing a couple days ago and it made me smile. I've never seen anything quite like it.
nest.gif

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Spelling has been corrected. Even if you are not interested in the shoes, check out the listing. Seller is "cool" looking for a guy his age :cheers:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262860974761?ul_noapp=true

I wish he was selling on B&S, he'd make Best Of just for the copy. That's a good creative pitch and a nicely packaged lesson in how to age (or not!) gracefully.

And, +1 for the Maine ****.

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[COLOR=8B4513]brown shell MArlow Ptb[/COLOR]

In case anyone is interested, there is a C&J MTO for a makeup virtually identical to the RL Marlow PTB. The specs are: Specs:
  • Grasmere (325 last)
  • Dark brown (C&J color "dark cognac") shell cordovan
  • Double leather soles
  • Exposed eyelets
  • Storm welt
  • Antique welt/edge
Price: £620 (less VAT is £516.67). Shipping to US is £30.00. I believe that the price indicated includes the increase to be applied on March 1. So, perhaps if we get 12 and all pay before then the price will be lower. Click on BROWN SHELL MARLOW PTB above to go to the signup spreadsheet. Feel free to contact me with any questions!

Last edited:

Maximus Rex

Reaction score

Those are steep prices.

Shocking. Apart from the $1350 prices on the shell C&Js, there has been an overall price increase--the EG made Grant IIs are $1950! They were $1250. That is crazy for regular black calf Oundles.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They are indeed - from 1 March.

Stopped by and got a pari of Bradford over the weekend - they mentioned a raise in the range of 10-30 GBP per pair but don't know which will be which yet.

Sounds not a lot to me (even 30 pounds for a 560 is not much), comparing to RL ones...

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority on this, but every time I see a shell PTB, I want it to be a boot.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll also add that I dislike PTBs almost across-the-board because the plain toe often looks like a leather proboscis sticking out there; like a leather mitten on a foot. But the Marlow PTB, for whatever magical reason - maybe the last, the shell, the proportions, or combination - looks just fine if not fantastic to my eye.

It always surprises me because every other PTB I see makes me wince, but the Marlow always makes me smile.

katch

Reaction score

I'll also add that I dislike PTBs almost across-the-board because the plain toe often looks like a leather proboscis sticking out there; like a leather mitten on a foot. But the Marlow PTB, for whatever magical reason - maybe the last, the shell, the proportions, or combination - looks just fine if not fantastic to my eye.

It always surprises me because every other PTB I see makes me wince, but the Marlow always makes me smile.

I agree with this 100%. There's something special about the Marlow PTB. Color, last, eyelets, who knows?!?

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[COLOR=8B4513]brown shell Marlow Ptb[/COLOR]

Just a heads up in case anyone is interested. There is a GMTO project underway. The proposed makeup is identical to the RL Marlow PTB but it will be made under the Grasmere model (on the 325 last). Price: £620 (less VAT is £516.67). Shipping to US is £30.00. The specs are: Specs:
  • Grasmere (325 last)
  • Dark brown (C&J color "dark cognac") shell cordovan
  • Exposed eyelets
  • Storm welt
  • Antique welt/edge
  • Separate signups for Double leather soles and Dainite soles
The list for those interested in double leather soles is at 5. The list for those interested in Dainite soles from went from 10 two ago down to 8 and back up to 10. WE JUST NEED TWO MORE. Click on BROWN SHELL MARLOW PTB above to go to the signup spreadsheet. Feel free to contact me with any questions!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads