• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Skelnik

Reaction score
mdubya coordinated that one. I don't think the order went to the factory until around November so no one from that GMTO has received them yet.

RRLRanch

Reaction score
I posted my Marlow loafers for sale. They are BNIB never worn. Size 13 but since they are new an exchange wouldn't be too hard.

Skelnik

Reaction score

I'm not intimately familiar with RL's sales events but I wonder if they marked up the normal price so they don't have to exclude Marlows from their sales. $1000/$1350= ~75% so they could apply a 25% sale to the new price and they'd still be available at $1000 to informed buyers.

That certainly sounds likely to me.

movoblast

Reaction score
I picked up a pair as well. I had to have my local SA call around though and check store inventories as there hasn't been anything in my size on the website for months. I got lucky and he found the last pair in 8.5D and had them shipped to me. I haven't worn them out of the house yet, but love these shoes!

PSA: There is a MTO going on for these beauties!

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last 240 is short and narrow TTS. Not a fan.. flipped my BB boots
1f41a.png
cordovan because of this ... sadly at a loss..
shog[1].gif

I couldn't get a good fit with those either. Had them shipped into BB on Newbury St., Boston. Glad I did as I'd have kept them and tried to make them fit before eventually selling them.

thegeneral13

Reaction score

I couldn't get a good fit with those either. Had them shipped into BB on Newbury St., Boston. Glad I did as I'd have kept them and tried to make them fit before eventually selling them.

Strange, I had to size down a half size in that boot. I wear the same size as I do in Alden Barrie.

Skelnik

Reaction score
Strange, I had to size down a half size in that boot. I wear the same size as I do in Alden Barrie.

Me too. The fit isn't the same as the Barrie last though. In fact it was pretty snug at first and I almost didn't purchase them, but am so glad I did. They molded to my feet after a couple of wears. Now they are one of my most comfortable pair of boots/shoes.

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Input from an owner of the shortwings and the penny loafers.

The shortwings in a size 9 UK is perfect and roomy for me and my slightly wide feet. The loafer in a 9.5 UK has been a pain to break in due to the tight toebox.
Finally it has started to give enough room sideways to accomodate my slightly wider feet. It took longer that enticipated but I am glad I went with the size I did. It has a little moulding still before it is a great fit.

I have two pairs of the unlined cordovan loafer Harvard from C&J (I love them...). Both has been a breeze to break in compared to this pair.
The reasons:
1. Single vs. double leather sole.
2. Lined vs. unlined.
3. Full strap vs the top strap.

To summarize. Cordovan will mould to your feet in a way calf doesn't . It will take some time but it is worth it.

Wesley Crusher

Reaction score

Input from an owner of the shortwings and the penny loafers.

The shortwings in a size 9 UK is perfect and roomy for me and my slightly wide feet. The loafer in a 9.5 UK has been a pain to break in due to the tight toebox.
Finally it has started to give enough room sideways to accomodate my slightly wider feet. It took longer that enticipated but I am glad I went with the size I did. It has a little moulding still before it is a great fit.

I have two pairs of the unlined cordovan loafer Harvard from C&J (I love them...). Both has been a breeze to break in compared to this pair.
The reasons:
1. Single vs. double leather sole.
2. Lined vs. unlined.
3. Full strap vs the top strap.

To summarize. Cordovan will mould to your feet in a way calf doesn't . It will take some time but it is worth it.

My 12D UK Marlow shortwings are slightly tight on me. I bought a pair of the penny loafers in the same size and they were easily a full size too small. I lied to myself in the beginning and said that I could make them work because the shade of cordovan was to die for, but I just couldn't do it and quickly sold them. Shame that the sizing is so inconsistent.

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My 12D UK Marlow shortwings are slightly tight on me. I bought a pair of the penny loafers in the same size and they were easily a full size too small. I lied to myself in the beginning and said that I could make them work because the shade of cordovan was to die for, but I just couldn't do it and quickly sold them. Shame that the sizing is so inconsistent.
Lengthwise I would probably be even better of with a pair of UK 10 Pennies so your experience is similar to mine.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads