1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

2. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

3. bucksfan

bucksfan Senior member

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, L 
    Nice. Need to get these in the fall.

4. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

DpprDr, a beautiful way to start out the work week. Love the blue suit with the pinstripes. Classy!

5. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

So you're saying marlow = trubalance (which = barrie by most accounts). I (perhaps boldly) believe this is because the sizing of the Marlows is UK. This would not explain mediahound's size difference but it would explain the size difference in my pictures. In mediahound's example, his 8.5 Marlow (if UK sized), would be a US 9/9.5. However, in his picture, the US 8 LWB is longer than the 8.5 Marlow. If my theory on UK sizing was correct, it would be the other way: an 8 Marlow would be similar to an 8.5 LWB and would therefore be longer than his lwb, not shorter. Now the controversy: notice the sole measurements of my Daltons and Marlows. Marlow in 7.5 is the same sole length of the Daltons in 8.5. Also notice the 8 Indy boots are 3/8" longer than the 7.5 Marlow. If we agree that sizes change 1/8" for every half size (someone please correct if this is wrong), the 7.5 Indy would still be 1/4" longer than the Marlow. UK vs US sizing would explain that 1/4" difference. Or am I crazy? Now, those Marlows are from last spring's private sale. This would show the UK sizing theory holds some water. Perhaps something changed since then. In the end, the "everyone's feet are different, go try them on" is the correct way to go. I appreciate that people are not near a RL store and are handling this online. Forums like this exist for people who are seeking that help so I am trying to contribute. When I get my barrie lasted shoes back from the cobbler I will update. I also have a pair of barrie swb coming from LS and another lwb coming from Leffot so I can do comparisons with shoes that have not been worn yet. Anyone else care to measure their shoes??? I cannot believe I have come to the point of measuring shoes for an internet forum.....

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  6. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

The Marlow sizing is USA (at least ones retailed in the USA).

7. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Senior member

How many wears would it take to break in the marlow tassels? I'm still getting a bit of heel slip after ~10 wears on my right foot, though my left feels great.

8. md2010

md2010 Senior member

I think it depends on your body weight. If you are a big guy , you will put a lot of weight and pressure while walking on your shoes. I am skinny guy it takes me over 20+ wear to break them in just a bit.
    Wearing my Marlow PTB today. 4th time. Damn they are killing my feet – feels like walking on iron!

9. stevent

stevent Senior member

iPhone doube

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  10. stevent

stevent Senior member

+1

I take 11d us for 337, 10.5 in the Marlows. 337 is roomy but fits really comfy compared to 325. Fwiw I take 10.5 in alden Barrie. I have 10.5 Indys, 403s are too loose after cxl stretch, 404s are perfect with a thicker sock. The Marlows do cramp toes after 6-8 hours of wear though as do the lindricks though they feel maybe .25 sizes larger

11. phototristan

anyone know if the Marlow PTBs will be part of the upcoming sale?

12. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Senior member

From what I've heard, no cordovan is included, and fall is the earliest for a sale on cordovan.

13. bubba04

bubba04 Senior member

What do I need to do to qualify for the 40%? How about the 15% part?

14. phototristan

Darn. I just can't see myself pulling the trigger on them at retail, esp. since I have to also pay sales tax!

15. ChiliPalmer

ChiliPalmer Senior member

To access the private sale and to get the 40% + 15%, all you need to do is go to www.ralphlauren.com/privatesale anytime between April 25 and May 1.

No special code needed.

This is worst kept secret in the world.

3 people like this.
  16. md2010

md2010 Senior member

17. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

You should get in touch with SF member "edubs01". I believe he has a connection and may be able to help you out...

18. bubba04

bubba04 Senior member

LOL, awesome. Much appreciated, Chill. :slayer:

19. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Senior member

20. rezzor

rezzor Senior member

I'm in the same boat, which way did you end up going? I'm leaning toward the smaller one because the larger just seems so big at the ankle.