• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crocket & Jones shoe trees

mvpking

Reaction score
Slightly off topic but I thought it would be of interest to some of you.

I visited the C&J Jermyn street store last Saturday and was told that there is going to a price increase on 5th March. I'm not sure whether this applied to shoe trees as well.

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.springline.net/shoe-trees.htm

If you really want specific model lasted trees (like 348/358 etc) I'm sure you could do some sort of group buy and get Springline to oblige.
Might have to be a bit careful how you approach the subject as you will effectively be asking them to copy a commercial last without involving C+J.
They might refuse such a request but might suggest a way round it...

Or get a US last/tree manufacturer with a 3D scanner to scan your shoe and produce trees from it. Again a group buy will bring the unit costs down .

Gerry

Reaction score
Slightly off topic but I thought it would be of interest to some of you.
I visited the C&J Jermyn street store last Saturday and was told that there is going to a price increase on 5th March. I'm not sure whether this applied to shoe trees as well.

Well the C&J shoes in Dublin have increased in price during the last couple of weeks. C&J conistons that were €395 2 weeks ago are now €425. I wasn't sure if the increase was due to the euro weakening against sterling but if Jermyn st mentioned a price increase then maybe thats the reason.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

kmhpaladin

Reaction score
sorry for bumping an old thread but it was the best one I found on Crockett and Jones shoe trees. I have a pair of Tetbury boots and have not been very happy with my standard Woodlore shoe trees given the nature of the Tetbury to crease along the vamp.

after reading up on the differences I called up the C&J NYC store to ask about ordering the "luxury" shoe tree. I was told they're currently $170 which I thought was pretty crazy. Barney's sells the Tetbury for $650 so that's over 25% of the price of the shoe (and buying from any reputable British retailer more like 40%!)

the standard C&J tree is available from several British retailers for about $60 so I figured the "luxury" trees might be ~$100.

any thoughts on a better way to buy or a reasonable 348 last tree?

Last edited:

jakethepeg

Reaction score
Although this is an old thread, there are now mass-market lasted trees available and a great price.

These ones fit Cheaney and C&J shoes really well, 3d CNC routed from from English Shoe lasts

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads