1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Crocket & Jones shoe trees

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DonRaphael, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Northampton Novice

Northampton Novice Senior member

Yeah the 1st pic trees are basically made on the 337 last and are the more expensive.

2. Son Of Saphir

Son Of Saphir Senior member

Me have wrong tree,
    it this one in quote. :fu:
    Thank you Gdot.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  3. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

U R welcome SOS.

I'm glad I could help.

You add so much fun and information to the forum. It's the least I can do for you!

4. Son Of Saphir

Son Of Saphir Senior member

Wish me could find good word sometime,
    it very hard to give information when me not find good word to say it.
    Me have lot of thing me want to say but me not no how to say it sometime. :fu:
    Me glad you like me post here,
    good.

5. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Awesome many replies! Thought about one thing though, you guys who buys C&J shoe trees, do you have half sizes? If so, what do you choose, half a size to big or to small (since C&J don't have half sizes...).

6. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

the trees should be smaller - they are even marked that way. ie: 6 - 6-1/2

7. Gerry

Gerry Senior member

I wondered about that. My shoe trees(laquered ones) have 7/7.5 stamped on them and my shoes are 7.5 but what about putting these trees in a size 7 shoe, is there any possibility of stretching the shoe.

8. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

It´s not good at all. You should send them to me :nodding:

9. Gerry

Gerry Senior member

[​IMG]On the way Frank, post haste!

10. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

Great!

Joke aside... I have a pair of Clifford in size 7E and use the "semi lasted" tree in size 7/7.5. All CJ trees are sized like this so it´s not a problem and even if the tree truly was a 7.5E the difference in width between 7 and 7.5 is just a few mm.

11. mvpking

mvpking New Member

Slightly off topic but I thought it would be of interest to some of you.

I visited the C&J Jermyn street store last Saturday and was told that there is going to a price increase on 5th March. I'm not sure whether this applied to shoe trees as well.

12. Infrasonic

Infrasonic Senior member

http://www.springline.net/shoe-trees.htm

If you really want specific model lasted trees (like 348/358 etc) I'm sure you could do some sort of group buy and get Springline to oblige.
    Might have to be a bit careful how you approach the subject as you will effectively be asking them to copy a commercial last without involving C+J.
    They might refuse such a request but might suggest a way round it...

Or get a US last/tree manufacturer with a 3D scanner to scan your shoe and produce trees from it. Again a group buy will bring the unit costs down .

13. Gerry

Gerry Senior member

Well the C&J shoes in Dublin have increased in price during the last couple of weeks. C&J conistons that were €395 2 weeks ago are now €425. I wasn't sure if the increase was due to the euro weakening against sterling but if Jermyn st mentioned a price increase then maybe thats the reason.

14. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

it's not that easy...

15. kmhpaladin

kmhpaladin Member

sorry for bumping an old thread but it was the best one I found on Crockett and Jones shoe trees. I have a pair of Tetbury boots and have not been very happy with my standard Woodlore shoe trees given the nature of the Tetbury to crease along the vamp.

after reading up on the differences I called up the C&J NYC store to ask about ordering the "luxury" shoe tree. I was told they're currently $170 which I thought was pretty crazy. Barney's sells the Tetbury for $650 so that's over 25% of the price of the shoe (and buying from any reputable British retailer more like 40%!)

the standard C&J tree is available from several British retailers for about $60 so I figured the "luxury" trees might be ~$100.

any thoughts on a better way to buy or a reasonable 348 last tree?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  16. jakethepeg

jakethepeg Member

Although this is an old thread, there are now mass-market lasted trees available and a great price.

These ones fit Cheaney and C&J shoes really well, 3d CNC routed from from English Shoe lasts