• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crescent Down Works

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
No didn't make it down there man my bad, I'll try for this weekend but they definitely run big so his sizing info is accurate. I would be a small at 40 chest.

Before they never came lined but he got these done up in the pendleton wool, shorted them up a tad and got rid of the velcro plus top chest pockets. A big improvement over the previous stock ones.

Seafinch

Reaction score
No worries. Thanks for the info. I think I ordered right. Mine should arrive sometime this week. Assuming it fits I'll be posting some pics then.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
please do the tan is the best color

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any sizing advice for the Cali Winter jacket?
If I took a M in the Ityalian vest should I take the S or M in the Winter jacket?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Dawg, size down one from italian vest size but if I were you I'd call the shop and double check.

I am pretty sure that is what he said. He knows my size and I got a M in the vest, he told me I would be a S in that when we just chit chat on the phone.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It appears that the Cali Winter Jacket runs big.
Here are measurements for sizes s and m directly from SW:
Small:
p2p-22.5"
p2c-21"
collar2waste-28"
Shoulder- 22"

Medium:
p2p-24.5"
p2c-22"
Collar2waste-28.5"
Shoulder-24"

Chip

Reaction score
I thought they re-up'd on the cali jackets in xs? they disappear off the site or they sold out?

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
It appears that the Cali Winter Jacket runs big. Here are measurements for sizes s and m directly from SW: Small: p2p-22.5" p2c-21" collar2waste-28" Shoulder- 22" Medium: p2p-24.5" p2c-22" Collar2waste-28.5" <b>Shoulder-24</b>"
Shoulder is 24"? It's raglan-sleeved.
Originally Posted by Chip
I thought they re-up'd on the cali jackets in xs? they disappear off the site or they sold out?
They did. Do you mean XXS? All the Cali winter jackets are available in XS. For the Autumn Tan - maybe the girls bought up all the XXS stock.

dragonxking

Reaction score
if the cali jacket fits anything like the mountain parka, it'll definitely run big (as in you can comfortably layer the italian vest underneath). i sized down one on the mountain parka, and had it tailored

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So has anybody actually purchased the Cali Winter Jacket?
Thoughts?

Does it seem practical for somebody on the East Coast? When would you wear it?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The availability of that stuff is so poor that I wonder if we could do a group order direct to CDW? I want a down shirt but no one seems to carry except for SW in one color.
ffffuuuu.gif

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
Ordering from CDW directly you usually pay arm and a leg...

I contacted them in august regarding a 60/40 and if I remember correctly they wanted around 240 for it, so it's not that expensive.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^prices went up again

That's because stuff sells out so fast, lots of angelenos cop the hell out of cdw along with the rest of his stuff.

Pangolin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
So has anybody actually purchased the Cali Winter Jacket?
Thoughts?

Does it seem practical for somebody on the East Coast? When would you wear it?

+1
I'm really tempted to get one, but need to know more about it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics