• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crescent Down Works

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^ya, already posted

jhe0417

Reaction score
Hey jet / anybody else with experience,

I was looking for some sizing advice regarding the SW hooded down sweater - I remember you saying that you tried it on.

Does it fit TTS? I'm a size 38 chest, so will a size 38 work for me?

Debating whether to pick up the down sweater or the navy down bomber. Any thoughts on warmth / quality comparison?

L1020289.jpg

TIA!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
You'd be a small in the hooded sweater, I think that piece runs same I haven't tried it on in a year. I prefer mine over that though unless the diagonal quilting is your thing. It is a nice piece though.

jhe0417

Reaction score
Quick response man, thanks.
fistbump.gif

Yeah, I like the hooded down sweater more, but the bomber looks interesting, and I haven't really seen any discussion about it yet in this thread.

How warm would you say the hooded down sweater is? Warm enough with a sweater beneath to get through a NYC winter?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
The quilted one is warm but you have to remember i live in socal so i don't know if a sweater under the down sweater will be toasty enough for an ny winter. I guess it depends on how long you will be outside for. A thermal, sweater and hooded jacket no problem I would imagine.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
np, i love mine and i'm a picky mofo

SaltyDoughnut

Reaction score
hey, so i'm 5'6" 120 pounds (not an adult yet
blush.gif
)

i was wondering how an xxs north by northwest vest would fit on me?

should i go for a different size or would xxs work?

thanks!

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
Similar measurements as post above (5'6", 130 lbs), and I'm looking into the down-shirt from SW

Would XS work? Does this thing run TTS?

aizan

Reaction score
xxs if your chest is 34''.

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
Down shirt only goes down to "XS", which is fit for 34" chests according to SW

I'm wondering how accurate that is, however, considering Tres Bien's 6-foot+ model wears a "S"

Pangolin

Reaction score
I got the California winter jacket last week. I'm usually a 38, ordered the xs and it fits the way it should.
Also, it's awesome. Great modern take on traditional parkas, the details are well chosen (supersoft honey leather+copper=!) and oddly enough, I received several compliments on it.

Even the tasteless idiots living in Wisconsin can appreciate how great this thing is. That says a lot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads