• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crate vs. Farinelli: The Official Jeans Thread

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Francis91
What will happen if they do get wet?
EDIT: photo blocked + grundletaint beat me to it.

BoSU

Reaction score
I am having a hell of a time buttoning the buttons without putting them on haha. I can only get the top button buttoned when they are on me :p Is there a trick to this?
blush.gif
Maybe I just need to stretch the holes out little bit to make it easier by buttoning/unbuttoning them for a bit? Never have had button fly pants before, but I can't imagine it being this hard forever! They look really nice though! The rise may be a bit too low for my balls. I duno. I did go TTS with a 29 and they fit fine everywhere except me crotch feels tight. We'll see I'll probably get some fit pics up in a bit for opinions.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'll melt.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Francis91
What will happen if they do get wet?
the overdye will get jacked up. it'll eventually wear through anyways, but they should stay dry for the full effect. and ********* will turn into a gremlin. nothing fun about green and slimy.

ag2008

Reaction score
I want to buy these jeans but a few have mentioned that it is 'very lightweight'

I was under the impression that they are 13.25oz, which is a relatively medium weight denim.

Has there been a mistake? Is this actually a 10-11oz denim? From the pictures, the denim does look very flimsy and loosely woven which is a downer for sure.

Also I have a pair of Ande Whall White Oak jeans and they have stretched a lot, almost 3 sizes within a month, so I hope you guys sized down if you want to keep that slim fit.

For reference the STF use 12.5oz denim (13.5 post soak) Those of you who have experience with both, what are your impressions?

BoSU

Reaction score
OK I gave up trying to button them while they were on me and just buttoned them and slid them on. Much easier!

I'll post fit pics in a bit. Still maybe too tight in crotch I dunno how much stretching I should expect.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ If jeans fit you fine without any tightness to begin with, how exactly will they stretch out 3 sizes? I have always purchased my jeans true to size and always experience minimal stretch. I don't get down with the size down 10 BS.

Edit: under ag2008

ag2008

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
^ If jeans fit you fine without any tightness to begin with, how exactly will they stretch out 3 sizes? I have always purchased my jeans true to size and always experience minimal stretch. I don't get down with the size down 10 BS.

Edit: under ag2008

mostly with the white oak ande whall jeans, I have a big problem with the thigh stretching and developed very large knee boobs. I don't wear them much anymore.

I measured the thigh and it stretched an extra 1.5" measured flat the waist stretched about 2" now I need a belt. I didn't size down it was snug when I bought them. Lots of daily chores, bending over, squatting, etc will stretch the waist out big time, at least with those jeans. I had the same problem with my LVC 47 and cheapo STF.

I have a few pairs of Diesel jeans too, which hardly stretched even after months and months of wearing.. and they are non selvedge aka **** denim... go figure right

k4ppah

Reaction score
So after wearing them around the house for a few hours, some stitching has already come loose on my new CvsF's :<

100_1302.jpg

100_1297.jpg

This is kind of disappointing...

rolling green

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BoSU
OK I gave up trying to button them while they were on me and just buttoned them and slid them on. Much easier!

I'll post fit pics in a bit. Still maybe too tight in crotch I dunno how much stretching I should expect.

I have size 30's coming either today or tomorrow if the 29's don't work out for you.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are definitely the &quot;loosest&quot; jean I've gotten in a long time. I prefer them tighter but it will be interesting to see how they fade

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4ppah
So after wearing them around the house for a few hours, some stitching has already come loose on my new CvsF's :<

This is kind of disappointing...

Wow that sucks. Hope that doesn't happen to the rest of us. I'd be very annoyed if the stitching started coming loose on the first day

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ag2008
mostly with the white oak ande whall jeans, I have a big problem with the thigh stretching and developed very large knee boobs. I don't wear them much anymore.

I measured the thigh and it stretched an extra 1.5" measured flat the waist stretched about 2" now I need a belt. I didn't size down it was snug when I bought them. Lots of daily chores, bending over, squatting, etc will stretch the waist out big time, at least with those jeans. I had the same problem with my LVC 47 and cheapo STF.

I have a few pairs of Diesel jeans too, which hardly stretched even after months and months of wearing.. and they are non selvedge aka **** denim... go figure right

ive worn my ande whalls for 10 months straight and have none of the problems you mention here.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got mine today. #72 size 33 and I'll have pics up sometime today.

I went true to size (33 in Routes, 33 in SExDBxS09) and I'm definitely glad I didn't size down to a 32. The waist buttons comfortably and the rest of the top block is pretty tight. The minimal stretching I get will be just about perfect.

The DB's and Routes are getting retired for the next 3 months or so. These are going to be worn hard.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flexosaminede