• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Killing the kid was such a dumb move. First off, you don't know if there is anyone with him. Even if there isn't, they are going to go looking for a dead kid, and the kind of investigation that results from that could turn up all kinds of ****. And what did the kid really know? If my kid comes and tells me that he saw men attach a hose to a train, I would presume that neither he nor I know **** about interstate rail shipping, that whatever was happening probably had a good explanation and either way was none of my business and I would never think about it again.

I think that was the point. Walt and Jesse sort of stood there trying to figure out what to do and then the pest guy had to pull out a gun and do the first thing that came to mind. I don't think anyone (character or viewer) would say that shooting the kid was smart, but it's what he thought genius Walt would want.

From the moment he told Walt about the nanny cam, you just knew this dude was a little over eager to please the cooks. Him shooting the kid is in-line with that mindset.

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Definitely a thoughtless move by Todd. The missing kid will raise a lot more questions than if the kid went home with a silly story about guys hanging around train tracks with hoses. They simply could've just waved at the kid and acted like there was nothing wrong.

I liked Todd's initiative (As Mike did say "there two kinds of heists...") but it will end up hurting them.

Last edited:

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did they really have any other choice but to kill the kid? What were they going to do, sit on their hands and hope he doesn't tell someone? They can't let him go and then leave with the methlamine. The kid knew they were up to no good. The hesitant wave and the "oh ****, I just saw something I shouldn't have" look on his face let Walt et. al. know that he knew something was fishy. All they have to do is give him the "bathtub treatment" and take the bike to the scrap yard to get crushed and all trace of him disappears, however I think they bury him in the dessert according to the preview for next week. It makes Skylars question to Walt prophetic, "what were you doing, burying bodies"?

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I loved seeing Bill Burr there. I saw his name in the credits and then was waiting around all episode for him to show up. He's great.

His stand up is pretty good. Funny how many stand ups there are on the show. Odenkirk, of course, and the guy who plays Hewell is a stand up too.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In all fairness to Todd, the kid could well have caused problems for them in the future. However, killing him was indeed far dumber. They can use ground penetrating radar to look for him, and in the meantime find the holes for the tanks (filled in or not). This could lead to questioning the engineer and conductor and investigating the shipment to Madrigal. Missing methalemine, mysterious truck problems, good description of Burr's character and truck, biological evidence of all kinds possible...just waaaaaaaaaay too many headaches.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In all fairness to Todd, the kid could well have caused problems for them in the future. However, killing him was indeed far dumber. They can use ground penetrating radar to look for him, and in the meantime find the holes for the tanks (filled in or not). This could lead to questioning the engineer and conductor and investigating the shipment to Madrigal. Missing methalemine, mysterious truck problems, good description of Burr's character and truck, biological evidence of all kinds possible...just waaaaaaaaaay too many headaches.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I take it all back. Hank still cracks me up.

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you were in their shoes what course of action would you have taken? Strictly speaking as a criminal who doesn't want to get caught how would letting the kid go be a better option?

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If you were in their shoes what course of action would you have taken? Strictly speaking as a criminal who doesn't want to get caught how would letting the kid go be a better option?

Pretty simple, really: I would have told the kid we worked for the railroad. No crazy stories for Mom and Dad.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So what was this god awful thing that Walt was supposed to be doing in this episode that makes everyone lose sympathy for him?

I have no idea. I can't believe Gilligan was lying, and two of us read the same thing. Maybe he was referring to the kid, but Walt didn't do that. Could it have been Walt's pushing for the train robbery and (probably) killing the employees?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Maybe the scene where he starts crying in front of Hank in order to place a tracer?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
As Teach said, Walt is officially too big for his britches. Did you catch the trailer? We're in the empire business? And Mike is out due to DEA tails? Bad stuff.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Mike said stopping wasn't an option because of his guys in prison, but now it is?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads