Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Teacher, Mar 11, 2010.

1. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Looks like he's caving pretty quickly. It might be a move to create leverage with Walt, since Walt has no tails and is still somewhat clueless what to do outside of cooking.

The whole train scene was pretty suspenseful and as soon as Todd waved I was like uh oh... It's good to have dedicated men working for you, but another to have ones that don't think much before they act. It has been a recurring theme throughout the show...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

Maybe you will find out that Walt either knew the kid was going to die or accepts it as the "cost of doing business." Either of those would count.

3. whiteslashasian

Perhaps Todd simply did what Walt was thinking that they'd need to do. Though as others pointed out, the kid is like 10. They can just say they were working on railroad repairs and helped get the train moving again, assuming the kid saw the stopped train; simple as that.

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Lose lips sink ships. I think shooting the kid was the right choice. They just have to plant the body somewhere, and do it very well, to keep police away from that area.

So the trailer has Mike saying he had three DEA tails. How is Walt and/or Jesse never seen or associated with Mike yet? They've been in public enough together.

The bug behind Hank's picture. Think he eventually finds it and remembers Walt holding it while Hank was out getting him a drink?

5. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

[​IMG]

6. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

I think he killed the kid because of his earlier conversation with Walt where Walt emphasized that NO ONE could know about the robbery.

7. whiteslashasian

Exactly. Walt kept stressing how aside from the people involved, NO ONE must know about it. I'm kinda surprised Todd had a piece on him though. I would have thought Mike would be more vigilant with his instructions and briefing.

lol at Aaron Paul.

8. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

this can only really end soprano's style: on a whimper.

I actually felt bad for that kid.... it looked like he was having a fucking awesome childhood: dirt biking around the dessert, exploring, and finding dangerous pets.

here's my guess....Flynn will be murdered/killed somehow. Even a freak accident during a firefight with hank or another rival. Maybe a scenario where Walt Jr. follows walt into danger.

i think thats what was telegraphed with the kid on the dirt bike. Flynn actually is the most normal/moral person on the show and deals with adversity well (like handling poisonous spiders without problem) - only to be killed by circumstance.

9. Piobaire

Larry, yeah, there's certainly enough foreshadowing going on via Skylar that the kid(s) get killed. Killing Flynn would certainly drop some jaws and would give another reason Walt had that huge gun in the cold open. I'm still holding out the thought Walt goes out in a blaze of redemptive glory saving Hank, but with your idea, maybe he's saving Skylar/the kids?

10. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I agree that the kid is a liability, but the dead kid is an even bigger one IMO. Like I said before, if my kid comes to me and tells me some story about people doing something involving a train and hoses, I'm assuming it's some railroad thing that I never heard of. If I do take it to the cops, what's the chance they are going to the middle of nowhere when there's not even an allegation of a crime? Maybe this comes up later if the methylamine comes up missing, but by that time everything is done. But a missing kid brings out the state police and everyone gets questioned, possibly even the engineers of that train if someone decides to be really thorough.

11. Piobaire

Right, that's why they need to move the body far from the murder site. As in, no where near train tracks.

12. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

A lot depends on the kid's situation, which neither we nor the characters know. How far does the kid live? Did he tell his parents where he was going? Had anyone else seen him that day? These are huge variables.

Whatever the case, I think we can agree that Todd was wrong to just shoot without even discussing it with the others.

13. Piobaire

No, I think Todd did the right thing. When was there time for discussion and how could they have discussed shooting the kid without detaining the kid while they had said discussion? There is enough crazy stuff happening in the deserts of the southwest that someone as good as Mike should be able to "clean" this.

14. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

PIOBAIRE APPROVES OF CHILD MURDER! PIOBAIRE APPROVES OF CHILD MURDER!!!

15. Piobaire

If you're going to cook meth you have to break some eggs.