• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cordings of piccadilly

Jimmy Balantyne

Reaction score
Generous might well be interpreted that way but equally 'their jacket sizing's spot on' might cause one to suspect otherwise?

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on one of Cordings's tweed hunting jackets with an action-back a few months ago, and was surprised how form-fitting it was. Most RTW jackets in my size, 38, are too wide at the shoulders, but not this one. Even the sleeves looked nice. If I'd have any belly or larger muscles, it would have been too small.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I tried on one of Cordings's tweed hunting jackets with an action-back a few months ago, and was surprised how form-fitting it was. Most RTW jackets in my size, 38, are too wide at the shoulders, but not this one. Even the sleeves looked nice. If I'd have any belly or larger muscles, it would have been too small.

Their jackets are superb. I have the Firley tweed and the Keeper's tweed and they fit amazingly-- and the three button front, hacking and ticket pockets, and center vent are what I look for in a good tweed jacket. Robust, they wear like iron(in a good way
1f604.png
).

perthboy

Reaction score
I found my ultimate khakis!

I've been wearing Bills Selvedge Cramerton M2s and Orvis Ultimate khakis. Today I received my Cordings cotton drill chinos (made in UK, product code: TR005) and nothing compares :satisfied:

The Cordings chinos is substantial and quite resistant to wrinkles, similar to Bills Cramerton, although softer. It has a zip fly and amazingly the waistband & inner pockets are made from the same material as the legs. Importantly, the fit is much better than the rest because it has a medium-high seat and slightly tapered legs. I bought a size 34, actual waist measurement is 35" and 16" hem. For unknown reason the Cordings khaki cotton drill chinos is an 'off catalogue' item, you can only find them on their website if you use the search term 'drill'. I''ll be buying more.

https://www.cordings.co.uk/khaki-cotton-drill-trousers.html

Isbister

Reaction score
@VRaivio, that's a very nice tweed jacket. To be candid I don't care for Cordings' huntin', shootin' and fishin' lining, it verges on cheap and tacky, and I don't know why they use it, but otherwise I would say it's as good a tweed jacket as you will find anywhere, OTR.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful. I have the Keeper's Tweed jacket, which is also 21 oz... It feels effortless when on but it's a beastial, substantial tweed... almost of outerwear capacity.

Jimmy Balantyne

Reaction score
I've got the Ripley Cord, wore it today as it goes. Great jacket.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A quick question: has anyone here washed their Cordings moleskin trousers at home? The tag reads dry-clean only but the fuzzy nap is prone to suck up muck.

I have a pair of their molesin trousers, but have spot cleaned(with a wet cloth) them and had them dry cleaned.
@VRaivio , have you water washed yours?

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Cordings cotton trousers shrink. Since moleskin is of cotton, the Cordings moleskin is likely to shrink, too. - Both my Cordings cotton twill in waist 34 are now too tight to wear. I won't buy Cordings in the future at waist 36 because other brands are better anyway.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cordings cotton trousers shrink. Since moleskin is of cotton, the Cordings moleskin is likely to shrink, too. - Both my Cordings cotton twill in waist 34 are now too tight to wear. I won't buy Cordings in the future at waist 36 because other brands are better anyway.

Well, to each his own. I love their chinos, and for the price are among the best out there. They have that elusive mix of trim fit with a relatively high rise. I have some which I have washed(cold wash and rinse), that didn't shrink. I just didn't put them in the dryer.

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
1. I tried three times to reply and something went wrong.
2. If you're content, then no problem!
3. If Incotex were provided in the colors sold in Italy and were cheaper, I'd try them.
4. Simon Crompton says RTW made in Italy (by Chinese?) are better than made in UK.
5. Dry cleaning too expensive where I live and maybe environmentally harmful.
PS: I intend to avoid U.N. (I don't mean in NYC) and keep my eyes on silk, silk & linen,
cotton, cotton & linen jackets for disco dancings. But I hate creases and cannot afford a steamer.

Last edited:

Isbister

Reaction score
A quick question: has anyone here washed their Cordings moleskin trousers at home? The tag reads dry-clean only but the fuzzy nap is prone to suck up muck.

I would always wash moleskin trousers, there is no need to dry-clean - provided, however, that allowance for inevitable shrinkage has been made when purchasing.

As with corduroy, the trousers should be turned inside-out before washing.

I think it is a characteristic of any cotton garment that it will shrink when washed - it is not something that is peculiar to Cordings cotton trousers. This should be allowed for when purchasing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics