• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hypersonic

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me who did those paper lights ...I'd love to know (I think they're African)
w85ppk.jpg

Stag by glass artist William Morris
xc6iox.jpg

hypersonic

Reaction score
^ Oh yes
inlove.gif
...I've always liked it too

...and of course the Pipistrello -- I've loved it since I was about 10.
2wq7l1t.jpg

I do own a Rimorchiatore lamp by her (the coloured glass version) from Fontana Arte:

Sorry about the photo ...it's the only one I could find on the net.
mc7jnd.jpg

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hypersonic
I do own a Rimorchiatore lamp by her (the coloured glass version)

Interesting, I've never seen the colored glass version. I've always admired the all-white enamelled metal version.

Even though Aulenti is one of my favorite designers, I've never owned any of her pieces. The Ruspa (particularly the "quad" version that I posted above, which is by far my favorite) is out of my price range, but I've debated many times about purchasing a Pileo lamp:

radar745_pic6233_normal.jpg

I'm a 60s/70s Artemide collector, and so this piece would fit in perfectly with my other stuff. Alas, I prefer the floor-lamp version of the Pileo, but the white plastic of the column on which the lamp sits is almost always yellowed.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hypersonic

What Artemide classics do you own spertia?

Let's see, currently I have the following:

- Toga chairs (two white, one black)
- Midas chairs (two white)
- Giano Vano side tables (two black)
- Demetrio table (white, coffee-table size)
- Bacco bar/table (black)
- Eco lamp (white)
- Boalum lamp

In the past I also have owned Selene chairs, a Stadio table, stacking Demetrio tables, Dalu lamp, Teti lamps/scones, Spyros ashtray, Pallade lamp, Efebino children's chairs....

I think I actually have more vintage Artemide than Kartell pieces at this point. I would love to get some more high-end 60s/70s Artemide lamps (Pileo, Nesso, Lesbo, Saffo) but obviously I've been more focused on furniture.

hypersonic

Reaction score
^ Fantastic collection spertia. I didn't know the names of some of them (thanks to Google
tounge.gif
)

thank you.

hypersonic

Reaction score
CRINOLINE by Patricia Urquiola

kegkdw.jpg

sgu7b5.jpg

1zdz147.jpg

These are really good -- to be honest, there is not much from B&B that excites me ...but I really like Urquiola's work.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So funny. I just picked up one of these for use as my computer chair:

BungeeOfficeChairStrippedOutGreen_x.jpg

A chair made of bungee cords.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
So funny. I just picked up one of these for use as my computer chair:

BungeeOfficeChairStrippedOutGreen_x.jpg

A chair made of bungee cords.

Good thing you got the version without arms. The quality is atrocious on how the arms arm attached and they will end up wobbling all the time. A plus for the chair is that it's relatively more comfortable than you'd initially think. The gas mechanism is OK, not bad for the pricepoint.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads