• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just picked up this Poltrona Frau dining room set for my new place. I think it's pretty cool.

DiningTable04.jpg

DiningTable01.jpg

DiningTable02.jpg

DiningTable03.jpg

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
A little OT for this thread but we stayed in this house for the long weekend and loved its taste and simplicity. The use of the space and volumes was just right. The owners did a wonderful job remodeling and expanding a late 1960's house.

68a1b8b0.jpg

36adb712.jpg

25d64d1b.jpg

1ff49b79.jpg

29d073eb.jpg

715f6654.jpg

Perfection or very close to it.

hypersonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Just picked up this Poltrona Frau dining room set for my new place. I think it's pretty cool.

DiningTable04.jpg

DiningTable01.jpg

DiningTable02.jpg

DiningTable03.jpg

Congratulations. Poltrona Frau makes some very beautiful things ....excellent quality.

hypersonic

Reaction score
Ha ha -- back to my favourite thread.

Figura side tables by Stephan Veit
1601zqe.jpg

Fusion table by Werner Aisslinger
1zbcq4n.jpg

14xyvs2.jpg

and a couple of antiques:

Silver and Glass Parakeet Claret Jug by Louchars & Son
2czcbjm.jpg

Tea and Coffee Service Paul Storr
2mflk6x.jpg

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On my continuing hunt to furnish my new place I got a Plycraft chair and ottoman like this one, except in a white fabric (vs. this one in black leather):

plycraft-0.jpg

Didn't pay a lot, but I'll either need to clean the upholstery or if that doesn't work I'll need to have it recovered. My Dad had one exactly like the one pictured when I was growing up. I asked Mom what happened to it and she said that they threw it out several years ago.
frown.gif

Also picked up a set of end/coffee tables with marble inserts. Very good shape, got them very cheap. Should be able to use them somewhere:
Tables.jpg

Also picked up a nice midcentury teak dinette table with teak and black leather chairs. Don't have a pic, but I'll post one later. Very, Very cheap on it. Really nice condition.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Picture of the Plycraft Mulhauser chair/ottoman with the wood and marble side table.

1253240326.jpg

Picture of the Plan G teak and leather dinette table.

1253240283.jpg

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mark , where did you pick your stuff up from?

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Just picked up this Poltrona Frau dining room set for my new place.

I just bought my first Poltrona Frau piece the other day:

pFamerigounit_002.jpg

The thing weighs a ton and seems very high-quality. It is replacing a crappy Ikea unit, and so I'm pretty excited. The interior is lined in sand-colored suede, and the part on the right side is actually a slide-out drawer, which is upholstered in dark-brown leather.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^
It's hot

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hypersonic
Tea and Coffee Service Paul Storr
2mflk6x.jpg

This is awesome.

Originally Posted by spertia
I just bought my first Poltrona Frau piece the other day:

pFamerigounit_002.jpg

The thing weighs a ton and seems very high-quality. It is replacing a crappy Ikea unit, and so I'm pretty excited. The interior is lined in sand-colored suede, and the part on the right side is actually a slide-out drawer, which is upholstered in dark-brown leather.

It's made of MDF + veneer just like Ikea and it is upholstered in synthetic material. What is the big whoop?

hypersonic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pezzaturra
This is awesome.

It's made of MDF + veneer just like Ikea and it is upholstered in synthetic material. What is the big whoop?

Yes, that may be true but there is an obvious difference in the overall finish. It's not like MDF is a poor quality material ...it just isn't very aesthetic. The Frau table above is undoubtedly made to a very high standard.

Anyhow, here is something unusual:
MAARTEN BAAS
6id4iv.jpg

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hypersonic
It's not like MDF is a poor quality material ...it just isn't very aesthetic.

It must be a generational difference in opinions. Imho, plywood construction is a borderline acceptable compromise , but I would never consider fiberboard as anything but the junkiest of materials. Perhaps it is better for the environment to use fiberboard, but how the high price point become attached to the fiberboard furniture is a secret to me.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
looks like the kunk's dream house.

Originally Posted by gdl203
A little OT for this thread but we stayed in this house for the long weekend and loved its taste and simplicity. The use of the space and volumes was just right. The owners did a wonderful job remodeling and expanding a late 1960's house.

68a1b8b0.jpg

36adb712.jpg

25d64d1b.jpg

1ff49b79.jpg

29d073eb.jpg

715f6654.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads