• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Converse Appreciation Thread

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Sak x Converse Collab from that might not make it to the US. Even fi it did, estimated retail is $600 - $800 USD.
plain.gif

converse-sak-3.jpg

converse-sak-2-540x368.jpg
converse-sak-front.jpg

That's re-dic.... glad these don't tickle my fancy in the least.

laphroaig

Reaction score
Sak x Converse Collab from that might not make it to the US. Even fi it did, estimated retail is $600 - $800 USD.
plain.gif

Hand made in Italy by Ryusaku Hiruma (SAK). This is why they are $600-$800 I'm guessing the only thing this has to do with converse are the soles, name and style.

JCrewkid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
just got em

2qtg4lv.png

i stayed w/ my normal chuck size...i couldve went down .5 in size though...the toe box feels roomier than normal cons

Very nice, man. Can you show us how they look with the jeans tucked behind the tounges?

beowolf

Reaction score
Thanks, didn't know they were out already.

I like Converse though, more specifically the Jack Purcell. I have several pairs and just got these in from Gilt.
jp_hi_10.jpg

I like those.
smile.gif

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by beowolf
I like those.
smile.gif

Kop 'em kwik... they are getting to be an older model and might not be around too much longer in your size...

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For people that wear high tops... how low do you go with lacing? For low tops I always left the last hole unlaced for easy on/off but things are slightly different with the high tops.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
For people that wear high tops... how low do you go with lacing? For low tops I always left the last hole unlaced for easy on/off but things are slightly different with the high tops.

I lace all the way up, and when removing I only have to unlace the top 2. No biggie. Although with my JPs I leave them tied all the time.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CorporateFresh
clot-converse-jack-purcell-high-4-540x359.jpg

CLOT for Converse (Product) RED Jack Purcell

These go on sale globally on April Fool's Day. They are sweeet!

i like these

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CorporateFresh
clot-converse-jack-purcell-high-4-540x359.jpg
CLOT for Converse (Product) RED Jack Purcell These go on sale globally on April Fool's Day. They are sweeet!

Originally Posted by grundletaint
i like these
Those look... weird. I think I like the style but that mix of texture/color is a bit blech... if you search JAck Purcell on eBay there's someone selling more standard looking black and white of that model. The only other place besides ebay I've seen them was the Converse Mexico website. I don't know what that says LOL. http://cgi.ebay.com/108397-Converse-...item563af15ebd http://cgi.ebay.com/108398-Converse-...item519174cf86

poodlerock

Reaction score
I can't recall the name of the Japanese group that makes repros of classic Converse (if memory serves, they make Chucks better than Converse used to). Can anyone help me out?

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
buzz rickson?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads